Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Is Fox Manufacturing still producing RC engines?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Is Fox Manufacturing still producing RC engines?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 06:58 AM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be surprised to see Fox manufacture engines again.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:20 AM
takEon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When Mecoa does make an engine production run again the price jumps thru the roof. I have seen it a few times especially with the HP line over the last 20 years in my experience with them. If it has happened with Fox, it is not as noticeable.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:01 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Broken Wings
I'd be surprised to see Fox manufacture engines again.
Sadly, I'd have to agree. It's hard to build anything let alone anything with true quality at Asian pricing levels in this country.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by earlwb
I suspect that MECOA is doing the same thing Fox is doing. Both companies have given model engines a low priority while they fulfill other more lucrative contracts. But if things slow down, they may start making model engines again as a way to fill in the gaps between the big lucrative contracts.
I don't see it happening... You can buy new in the box Fox engines for pennies on the dollar on *bay.

Unless you "want" to pay full retail from the manufacturer for the same engine you can buy "un-used" I don't see many people buying new unless you just want to support the "Home Team". I understand that.

That and the fact that you can buy a "High Performance" ASP .46 2 stroke, new in the box for less than $55 from the "King of Hobbies"...or pay $123.25 (on Sale,marked down from $175.95) for a "Sport" Fox 45BB Ringed RC from Fox.

It looks anything from Fox on the Tower Hobbies web site is either "Limited Quantities", "Limited Run, on order", "Order Pending" or "On Order"...

Last edited by Broken Wings; 08-10-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Greybeard1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've wanted a Fox .74 for several years now, called them several times in the last few years, none in stock and no projected date they will be. Bummer.

Mecoa, they list the Mecoa .46 as available yet, call to them before ordering may not hurt. I recently bought several K&B 4012, the marine .40 and ordered parts to convert to 4011 by phone. Parts were here in less than a week. Got the engines for $60, I could afford what it cost to convert them. LHS is still sometimes a good option. Now, if they would stock some of the other hardware I need,,,,
Old 11-29-2014, 01:42 PM
JPMacG
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a shame. The recent production Fox 74s with the new carb are really nice. I do hope that Fox starts producing them again. The one I have may be from their last production run.