Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Broken pushrod on lightly used Saito 100

Guys,
    Anyone know where the factory setting is for the low speed needle valve because it is not stated in the manual? It saids start with HSNV 3 1/2 out from bottom, however it said leave LS at factory settings?
    Frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Old Fart

I'm with w8ye in that it takes a real good flatblade screwdriver,a bit of muscle and a lot of luck to unlock the rocker pivot arm screw
    Take your monokote heat gun and warm it up. Comes out in a snap...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fishingships

If you do-it-yourself, does that kill the warranty? I know Frank's is already out of warranty, but I am just curious.
    Horizon has always sent me warranty parts for doing my own repairs.

If you can demonstrate knowledge & ability during your contact they will be more than happy to save the added expense of shipping & labor.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: w8ye

Many times the rocker shaft pivot screws don't want to come out.

Make sure that you use a good qualility screw driver & have the engine secured in a vice. A bit of assistance W/a pair of channel Locks will help.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Frank
    The low speed needle should be flush with the throttle arm.

Randy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a Sato 100 with a perry pump, probably 400+ flights, adjusted the valves once. I run a15x4 prop, it will hover, but not really well in a Goldberg Decathlon. RPMs are 9500 to 9800 on the ground, and as stated earlier, about another thousand in the air, often sounds like the tips of the APC prop are going supersonic. I use high oil content heli fuel, sometimes up to 30 % nitro. Now I am going to have to "knock wood," it really runs great. I have a Sato 180 that I have never been able to make run right and I have had some real guru's look at it and tune it. Came with a bad plug which really threw us off at the start. The damn thing just quits at the most inopertune time. I may use it as a boat anchor. wallace.tharp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If plastic throttle arm about 1/16th inch below even with the end. It will end up about where this one is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om32480.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	1831330  
    Farmall 240 the final issue of the Farmall C, Super C, 200, 230 series.
    122 Cu. In. 22 hp. A small tractor that would do big work due to its 10x36 inch rear tires.

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wallace has anyone checked the cam timing or had the cam cover off? Ihave seen a lot of Saitos with damaged cams for one reason or another.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jeffie8696

Wallace has anyone checked the cam timing or had the cam cover off? IĀ*have seen a lot of Saitos with damaged cams for one reason or another.
    Thanks for the tip. Would that make it just abruptly quit dead after long test runs on the bench were not a problem? I know... it sounds like a fuel problem, but I have almost given up on it. wallace.tharp

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wallace.tharp

I have a Sato 100 with a perry pump, probably 400+ flights, adjusted the valves once. I run a15x4 prop, it will hover, but not really well in a Goldberg Decathlon. RPMs are 9500 to 9800 on the ground, and as stated earlier, about another thousand in the air, often sounds like the tips of the APC prop are going supersonic. I use high oil content heli fule, sometimes up to 30 % nitro. Now I am going to have to ''knock wood,'' it really runs great. I have a Sato 180 that I have never been able to make run right and I have had some real guru's look at it and tune it. Came with a bad plug which really threw us off at the start. The damn thing just quits at the most inopertune time. I may use it as a boat anchor. wallace.tharp
    That one may be a good candidate for a spark conversion?? Of course you need to rule out any mechanical issues first.

Ken
    Sent from my Dry-Erase-Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12