Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Dexron VI full synthetic question???????????

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Dexron VI full synthetic question???????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Turqui
My Feedback: (139)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dexron VI full synthetic question???????????

I asked a question about long time engine storage some time ago and got few replied wich i thank everybody who suggested ideas, but, i couldnt get any exact product brand or type recomendation,so I just purchased dexron VI full syntethic ATF and im planing to use this product inside some 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines that will be stored for some time in my garage,florida weather.
Is that product recomended?(valvolinr dexron VI full syntethic ATF)
Should i remove back plate and store the engine with out the back plate inside the zip lock bag?
Ideas?sugestions?
Thanks.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dexron VI full synthetic question???????????

I don't see how full synthetic would be any advantage. The advantage of synthetic tranmission fluid is that it does not oxidize as much at high temperatures and we are talking about room temp. In fact cheap motor oil works as well as any ATF. In fact mineral spirits work well but you have to keep it flooded. Fill jar with mineral spirits and put engine in jar. For after run oil, don't bother, just use fuel with some castor oil and run the engine dry.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For my fourstroke engines i remove the rockercovers and backplate then dump the lot in a 4ltr tin full of atf and put the lid back on.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sport pilot it must be the climate here but if i don't run atf thru the engine within two weeks of using it i start doing bearings no matter what brand.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Sport_Pilot

Why ATF? Any pure oil would do. Though probably not a big cost difference. I have lived on the coast at Myrtle Beach South Carolinawith sea fog rolling in at times, light machine oil worked just fine.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 PM
TimBle

ORIGINAL: Turqui

I asked a question about long time engine storage some time ago and got few replied wich i thank everybody who suggested ideas, but, i couldnt get any exact product brand or type recomendation,so I just purchased dexron VI full syntethic ATF and im planing to use this product inside some 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines that will be stored for some time in my garage,florida weather.
Is that product recomended?(valvolinr dexron VI full syntethic ATF)
Should i remove back plate and store the engine with out the back plate inside the zip lock bag?
Ideas?sugestions?
Thanks.

Very expensive and unnecessary after run oil you have there....
any mineral hydraulic oil will do the job. Use a <Iso 32 grade