Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glow Fuel Pump questions

I have never used a glow fuel pump and don't know how they work, so I have a couple of questions:
    1) Do they run off of a separate batt pack or the same pack you use for the rx
    2) Do they require a switch
    3) Are they easy to add to your engine

Thanks........I might need to run one on my GMS 1.20, it doesnt seem to be getting enough pressure from the muffler which seems to be a common issue with this engine

Ed
    Best regards,
    Ed

P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #64

RE: Glow Fuel Pump questions

Try this site here
    www.staustelldmc.org.uk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have used the Perry VP20 Oscillating pump on a saito FA150 W/great sucesss.

I have the fuel tank mounted over the CG in a Dynaflite PT-19 & the VP-20 does a fine job of keeping the engine supplied W/fuel, even in vertical manuevers.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41 - 1/3 Spacewalker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cymaz

Try this site here

You should have told him to click Products, then Instructions.
    Glow Head Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, I will check it out.
    Best regards,
    Ed

P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #64

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have used Cline Regulators in the past with great success. They were at www.billsroom.com back in the day.

David
    "Every strike brings me closer to the next home run." - Babe Ruth

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: daveopam

I have used Cline Regulators in the past with great success. They were at www.billsroom.com back in the day.

David
    He needs a pump to raise the fuel from the fuselage up to the high mounted engines on a Catalina.

A Cline regulator is not a pump.

If inlet/outlet check valves are installed in the engine case, the reciprocationg piston will compress air that can be used to force fuel up to the engines.

You have to use a needle valve (an old sray bar connected to a "T" fitting will suffice) to control (bleed off) pressure. This system is used on the Saito FA300TTDP to supply fuel to the high mounted dual carburetors. I think it would work perfectly for this qapplication.

You only need 2 inlet checks in the stock breather locations W/additional nipples located anywhere in the cases. Lines routed from both engines to a "T" to join 2 lines to 1 would then meet an inline (out only) check valve. This would conplete the compression part of the circuit. A bleed off valve made from an old spray bar mated to another "T" fitting would route the needed pressure to the tank while the needle valve controled bleed off would regulate the pressue to what is neccessary by exhausting excess pressure through what would be the inlet nipple of the spray bar.

It's very simple & once adjusted there is little to go wrong. Much simpler than adding external pumps. Use what you already have, 2 small .30 compressors.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41 - 1/3 Spacewalker