Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glow Plug Selection

I'm looking for advice on the best glow plug to use on my OS 25, 35, and 46 AX engines. Have never changed the plugs since new and want to order some spares. I fly several times a week so it is a matter of time when one opens up and my spares are of unknown origin.

Looking at the OS #6 and OS #8 plugs, which one would be best for those engines? I like to do a lot of touch-an-go's so a good idle is required. The engines use the original mufflers with the baffle plates drilled out for less restriction. Wildcat Helimix 15% is the only fuel I use for my planes and flying ambient temperature is always between 80 and 100 degrees F. Not looking for maximum performance but do want maximum reliability. All advice appreciated.
    Tiger Flyer #49

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Glow Plug Selection

Iprefer Merlin plugs and in your case I would use the 2002 or 2003 . Smaller engine usually like hotter plugs . I would choose the OS #8 from your list if forced to buy only one plug for all my needs.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Enya #3 and McCoy MC59 are my plugs. Fox hot plugs are good too.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have you checked the OS pages? Much information there that counts.
    ORIGINAL: thailazer

I'm looking for advice on the best glow plug to use on my OS 25, 35, and 46 AX engines. Have never changed the plugs since new and want to order some spares. I fly several times a week so it is a matter of time when one opens up and my spares are of unknown origin.

Looking at the OS #6 and OS #8 plugs, which one would be best for those engines? I like to do a lot of touch-an-go's so a good idle is required. The engines use the original mufflers with the baffle plates drilled out for less restriction. Wildcat Helimix 15% is the only fuel I use for my planes and flying ambient temperature is always between 80 and 100 degrees F. Not looking for maximum performance but do want maximum reliability. All advice appreciated.
    Pe, (www.mvvs.nl), MVVS, MOKImotor, RCexl, MTW, Xoar, Mejzlik.
    Blessing in ignorance? There is sanctuary in analysis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi!
    OS 8 or Enya 3...but there is many more that works equally well like the Nova Rossi 4 or 4A, Rossi 3 or Merlin plugs!
    Jan Karlsson - Supplier MVVS Products

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS #8 is what I mostly use, they are very durable.
    Best regards,
    Ed

P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #64