Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Webra Speed 91 made in Germany? Value?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Webra Speed 91 made in Germany? Value?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:24 PM
ThunderBoat42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Webra Speed 91 made in Germany? Value?

I purchased a 'LOT' of RCequipment for the one item a really wanted. In the lot isa NIBWebra Speed .91 2c engine that was made in Germany. I think later they were made in Austria (??) It does have "Germany" stamped on the side of the mounting tab.
Anyway, what is this engine worth? I do remember years ago looking at them and thinking they were awesome, but at the age I was, they were way out of my price range.
Any input from the guru's is appreciated.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:16 AM
flyalot
My Feedback: (63)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Webra Speed 91 made in Germany? Value?

Webra engines are no longer made. With that in mind I think a new unused 90 speed would sell for around 150.00 more or less.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 AM
NikolayTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have couple of those and their performance is very competitive to OS.max .91FX, with bias to a bit lower RPM, which makes it even better for Aerobaics than the bit higher RPM OS.91FX; so the price should be the same a OS.max.91, unless someone has some non-technical reasons in mind.
Cheers, Nick
Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Actually that engine is a real keeper if you have some use for a.90 sized engine. Save money by using 5% fuel and the Webra .91 is not a fuel hog.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:14 PM
betarad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Webra 1.20 in a 11 year old sukhoi, and I just finally got around to rebuilding a Speed .80 I've had for about 20 years (I've had the replacement parts - Piston/cylinder, con rod, new TNII carb, bearings ,etc - sitting around since I bought 'em in '99). I just got back into the hobby after a 10 year absence. I'm sooo disappointed to see that Webra is no longer in biz. What great engines they made. So reliable....I just started the 1.20 today after being on the shelf for 10 years....with some (unopened) 10 year old Cool Power MV. Started with the first flip, no kidding. Full throttle without missing a beat, then back to idle like a baby. I expected to do some needle adjusting, especially for idle. Didn't touch a thing. I'm damn near speechless.

IMHO any NIB Webra has some serious value to it.

Can't wait to find the perfect plane for my "new" 20 year old Speed .80.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:50 AM
ThunderBoat42

Thanks for the input.   I am still waiting on it to get here (anxiously).   The perk is, it also is coming with a NIB Graupner belt reduction drive unit to turn a bigger, higher pitch prop.  Never used the Graupner unit so it will be fun to experiment with props to see what kind of thrust it will get.  The only reservation is, I really hate to put fuel in it - it just looks too good to spoil.  I'll post pics when it arrives. 
Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
ThunderBoat42

Well it's here... the instructions are in German. Work of art! no airframe to put it in, but thats ok.... it's as awesome as I remember many years ago. I also got a real treasure '(to me anyway), the speed reduction unit... also with instructions in German... but its awesome!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73598.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	1860888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80124.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	1860889  
Old 03-12-2013, 04:27 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

TB, did you happen to look in the exhaust and see if its an ABN, or ringed engine. Thanks, Dave