DaveFri

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ASP parts?

I recently got a ASP .46 on ebay.It does not have the little ratchet on the hi-speed needle and carb assembly.I assume it should have had one.Right now i have a piece of large tubing slipped over the needle and the post that the needle goes into.It seems to be holding ,now,but not sure how long that may last.
Does anyone know where to buy spare parts? Or maybe i need to buy a new carb? Does anyone know if the NEW carbs fit the older engines.I don't know how old this engine is but it looks in excellent condition,is very tight and really screams..
Here is the engine that needs the part for carb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53019.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1900126  
Old 08-07-2013, 02:57 PM
PatrickCurry

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You can buy Magnum parts (Magnum same as ASP) from HobbyPeople.net or you can buy ASP parts from HobbyKing. A good forum to find out what will fit your engine is available here: Global Services ~ View Forum - Magnum Engines - Ask Your Questions Here
Old 08-14-2013, 07:14 AM
wcmorrison

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just Engines in the UK has parts and there is a dealer or two in Canada. Parts are common to the Magnum and a part like the rachet keeper is common across many engines, it is a simple spring like device that slides on. Go to a hobby shop do a good look see or even ask the dealer. He will fix you up.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 AM
blw

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

wcmorrison is right if you have a decent hobby shop near you.

If you look at the right side of the carb you will see the high speed needle valve knob. See the two pieces of metal that are touching the knurled brass adjustment knob? That is a version of what you are looking for. Most are just a single tang against the knob. The tangs give you a ratcheting feel when you turn the knob. If you look closer, you can see this is a one piece affair that is held in place on the very bottom by the nut holding it against the brass collar on the plastic carb body. This shows how simple the whole thing is. Another type simply snaps on by pushing it on the needle valve. Pardon the pic quality. It is a closeup of a HB 61 carb where I didn't compensate for the lighting tint.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HB61 carb closeup.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	421.9 KB
ID:	1907961  

Last edited by blw; 08-14-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Hemikiller

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

IIRC, the ratchet for the OS 2-strokes of about the same displacement will fit as well, your LHS probably has one on the shelf..

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCU03&P=Z

Search this Thread