Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Saito fa 450 r3d problems with one cylinder (does not lit)

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito fa 450 r3d problems with one cylinder (does not lit)

Old 12-02-2013, 11:14 PM
TOMITO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito fa 450 r3d problems with one cylinder (does not lit)

I have a Saito FA 450 R3D three cylinder radial glow engine. I have a problem with one cylinder so it does not lit. The cylinder is the number 2 (if you are opposite the engine it is the one at twenty to eight). I have set a cdi ignition system but it does not still lit. When the engine is at full power, it looks as if this cylinder lits but very weak. Please tell me if you have had a problem like this if there is something I can do. I am completly dispair.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:08 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your plug, then change it even if it shows good to make sure, then check valve clearance, then make sure your idle isn't so rich that it is flooding that cylinder.
Have you tried hooking a glow igniter directly to that cylinder after you get it running?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:32 PM
SrTelemaster150

Have you checked the cam timing?

The firing order is 1-3-2,
Old 12-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Rudolph Hart

He's describing a common problem with saito radials that have a low run time jeff has given some good tips.Apart from setting the needles right,if that does'nt cure the problem then you can try adding 7 to 10% petrol to your glow mix.This will cure cylinder dropout at idle on the cheaper siedal seven and nine cylinder radials as well where you may get three or more cylinders dropping out at low rpm.Try it.