Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Super Tigre Twin 60s

I just bought Two of these Big Giant Cats, Twin jugs and all.

Anyway What plane will this bad boy fit in? P51-D maybe? What Kit or ARF can I put this beast in. What about a Giant Ugly Stik? Anyone got an airplane with one ? If so please share. Paul

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yes any one the more narrow nose style planes would work for it. A P-39 Airacobra comes to mind first, as does the P-51, ME-109, Spitfire, et cetera.
    Using a Giant Ugly Stick is good too.
    Club Saito #722, Sig Kadet Brotherhood #80, GlowHead Brotherhood #14,
    AMA # 928076

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about the Giant sweet and low stik. I have two of these babies. One for my collection and one to use. Have you ever run one of the big twins? Thanks Paul

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Most of the twin 60 Super Tigers were more or less unusable as one cylinder will run so lean as to burn up while the other is slobbery rich.

The hole in the crankshaft was too small to feed the one cylinder properly.
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

I read that ST fixed that problem with the early ST Twin and modified the crank. I dont know if I have early or later production. Both are new. Theres a you tube video of someone flying one. Im gonna test and break in on a stand first. They are cool lookin. Any help is appreciated. PK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I would test run your engine first to get familiar with it. But I don't remember any problems running them. Of course it was a few years after they came out before I messed around with one. Now the needle setting tends to be a compromise as one cylinder always seems to be more rich than the other or more lean than the other. But usually it isn't a big deal. The same thing happens with most all of the multi-cylinder engines. But the inline twins tend to work much better than the flat twins do.
    Last edited by earlwb; 01-22-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typo correction
    Club Saito #722, Sig Kadet Brotherhood #80, GlowHead Brotherhood #14,
    AMA # 928076

I think the Giant sweet and low stick would be a good trial plane. Im psyched to run it. Thanks