Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Hp 61 nitro engine silver star

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:01 AM
dazzajoseph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hp 61 nitro engine silver star

HI all im a new member and can anyone help me i rexently bought a pica waco and it has a HP 61 silver star nitro engine installed but i cannot get it to max rpm does anyone know how to tune these as a cannot fint the low end needle it is not on thr throttle arm but there looks tow be two settings on the other side of the car one is the high eng needle as i can unscrew it out fully but the larger wheel is fixed onto the carb can any one help please
Old 04-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the Siliver Stars had a Perry carb. The wheel you mentioned is the idle mixture. If it has been sitting a while you need to replace the Oring and it may be stuck. Soak the carb in some fuel overnight and that should free it up. I cannot remember how to take it apart as it has been a while, but I am sure it would come to me if it was in front of me.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You can get some information/parts for this engine from MECOA I just bought a new muffler for one of the HP Gold Cup engines.

http://www.mecoa.com/hp/index.htm

https://mecoa.biz/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=122

Last edited by Broken Wings; 04-15-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:39 PM
dazzajoseph

hi thanks for your reply but i donth think it is stuck as they both turn the larger dial just keep on turning but the smaller one i can unscrew out from the larger one fully and is a needle valve so does the larger dial have to be in a specific locatiopn ?? i live in the UK but cannot find any info on how to set up the low end or high end settings...

Last edited by dazzajoseph; 04-15-2014 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:35 AM
Sport_Pilot

There should be a mark or indent on the knurled wheel. There are two marks on the plastic body one says R the other L and a center mark between. The mark on the wheel should be somewhere between R and L with R for rich and L for lean. Start with the wheel at the center mark and tune it as you would most except you turn the wheel to R or L as required, and it should be very small movements, just barely turn the wheel for each adjustment. I had to change in for summer and winter and after a while I would know exactly where it should be for the season.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:48 AM
dazzajoseph

hi i have looked but there is no plastic body the whole carb is aluminium the large wheel has a notch out of it but the needle that screws into the larger wheel has nothing at all on it ? also there are on letters on any part of the carb
Old 04-16-2014, 09:11 AM
Sport_Pilot

You must have the older HP rotomix carb, I thought that only the older Gold Cup series had that carb. It works like the Perry carb but is not the same. I suspect the notch goes at the top and then works similar to the Perry but beyond that I cannot help you.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:43 PM
dazzajoseph

hi thanks for all your advice