Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

30% Helicopter Fuel for Saito 4 strokes and OS 4 & 2 stroke airplane engines ?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

30% Helicopter Fuel for Saito 4 strokes and OS 4 & 2 stroke airplane engines ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyPopper
Yes, agreed on the couple hundered RPM increase with 30% and in competition that little edge may make the difference. But in everyday flying can you even see the slight increase in speed that that 200RPM provides? I see airplanesflying at our field and I honestly can't even guess what actual speed they are going.

Besides giving a little more power not necessarily speed but could be better vertical more nitro can give easier starting and more reliable idle. Most guys that are just shy of the power they would really like tend to needle on the verge of being too lean. Running more nitro would allow the same power with a richer needle setting thus the engine lives longer. Some engines respond better then others. The YS 4 strokes love nitro. I run 30% through mine and I am considered the low nitro guy with the group I race with. Some guys are running up to 70%. Good rule of thumb is if the engine is of European manufacture then it's low nitro, Asian engines will run high nitro. You will know when you are running too much, the engine will run hot and eat plugs. There are other signs but these are the most obvious.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:17 AM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've run OS, Saito and YS 4-strokes, and all responded well to 25-30% nitro. The OS engines especially did well, with more power and more consistent idle on higher nitro.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aspeed
[ But I have yet to see anybody take their money to the after life. LOL] If I can't take it with me, I'm not going! I found 15% gives a bit better idle and acceleration and is generally nicer to run with than 5 or 10%. I don't use after run oil on 10%, but do on anything higher.
Sorry to say, I really think that you are going, whether you want to or not. With or without the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ LOL

Read a very true statement once:

When you are dead, " YOU DO NOT KNOW IT " and the only ones that it affects are the people close to you. " Same as STUPID " LOL

Also on a personal note, I gave up using AFTER RUN oil. Have been using Marvel Mystery Oil for years now and do not seem to notice any difference.