Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Perry Carbs....To Pump or Not To Pump

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Perry Carbs....To Pump or Not To Pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Perry Carbs....To Pump or Not To Pump

I have an old Super Tiger .60/.61 from the 70's and the carb is shot. It is in a sport plane/pleasure flyer. I have purchased a new Perry carburetor for it and was wondering if I need to use a pump on it. I am not planning to compete with it but would like the best performance possible. I have not used a pump before and would like to know what kind of performance to expect with and without the pump. It is one of the finest running engines I have ever owned. I want to get it back to the good old days. Any thoughts?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:49 PM
DerFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perry carbs available in two versions, those suitable for use with a pump, and those that are not.

Using a pump where not designed for will cause you grief. A pump carb may be OK if tank placement is perfect.

Best you follow the manufacturers recommendation

DF