Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 110 a

Old 08-10-2014, 04:18 AM
YellowBlueBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 110 a

Has anyone had experience replacing the case of an OS 110 a? What are the pitfalls of removing sleeve and bearings from the old case and is that reasonable or should new sleeve and piston be used. The engine still has good compression. The case cracked diagonally across the bottom. No crashes or hard contact.

Thanks

Jerry
Old 08-11-2014, 02:07 AM
the pope

I would put in new bearings . The case will set you back a bit so whats another $20 . You could damage them getting them out and if you got the thing in bits you may as well do them at the same time . But thats just me .If you have to get a new piston and liner as well you may as well get a new engine . Have you got a price on the parts ? What caused the damage to the case ? Cheers the pope
Old 08-11-2014, 06:34 AM
YellowBlueBird

The engine stopped running 4 minutes into the last flight. No crashes no dings. Sometimes the engine would run very rough when first started. It allways smoothed out in a few seconds. Could the rough shaking at idle be enough to crack the case? The airplane is a pulse 125 with a two piece motor mount. Could the flexing of the motor mount bolted to a plywood firewall be enough to stress the case?
The case costs 89 dollars. Thats four hundred less than a new engine. Compression is good.

Thanks for the reply pope

Jerry