Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

OS 40/48Surpass 56a and 62V Camshafts available

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 40/48Surpass 56a and 62V Camshafts available

Old 09-04-2014, 07:34 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OS 40/48Surpass 56a and 62V Camshafts available

Finally I got the skinny from Great Planes. I called Tower and spoke to a sales person expressing my disbelief that no cams are available for the older four strokes and that I had learned the SAME camshaft fits all the engines listed even the newest 62V !!! You cant buy a cam for a brand new current production engine ?????
I have repaired a lot of four strokes for people and the cam is one the first things to go out, along with the bearings.
So they got me in touch with product support and they found out that all sales has to do is put in a special order, unfortunately sales doesn't seem to know that so you have to tell them to do it.
I recently sold my OS40Surpass because it had slight wear on the cam and bought a new one because I knew I wanted to run this engine a very long time and I knew I couldn't get a new cam(fantastic little engine by the way I think everybody should buy one).
I have to wonder how many of us have let engines go because we couldnt get a cam to fix it? So Great Planes loses out on sales because they chose to discontinue a part that they have available all the time.OSMG3245

Last edited by jeffie8696; 09-05-2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:57 PM
larryak
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Read you post on OS camshafts. Just tore down my 56 4 st for new bearings and camshaft bearings. Any tips for reassembly of the camshaft to insure timeing is correct. Thank you for your consideration. Larry
Old 11-24-2014, 08:18 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

O.S. most likely discontinued the part and then will reissue it under a new number.

Here's the way to install the camshaft. This is with the crankshaft at Top Dead Center, and the dot on the camshaft on the red line (up or down--either works):

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	OS Cam.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	2049774