Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Thunder Tiger pro .46 parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 12:10 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1
FRsky is great if you like products built in sweatshops by 9 year olds with no quality control. What's up with them is that it's the bottom of the barrel quality wise.
I think the same can be said for most clothing and shoes sold today among many other things people buy these days.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:13 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
I think the same can be said for most clothing and shoes sold today among many other things people buy these days.
Yep, clothing and shoe manufacturing is frightening when you see the factories. It is inescapable. Heck, what about a lot of the produce collecting? It goes on to almost everything...except luxury items, maybe.
Old 05-05-2015, 02:29 PM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jester_s1
FRsky is great if you like products built in sweatshops by 9 year olds with no quality control. What's up with them is that it's the bottom of the barrel quality wise.
Bollocks ! No doubt u have proof ? Quality wise there up near the top of the barrel . Anyway 9yr olds in a sweatshop would be upper middle management . Cheers the pope
Old 05-05-2015, 02:31 PM
the pope

Originally Posted by hsukaria
I can't say much about 9 year olds and sweatshops since I have not been to their facility. But all the receivers I have used from them have been flawless.
Hi there Husky same experience here . The taranis even has ( dare I say ) model match when used with the xr receivers . Cant wait for the Horus to come out . Cheers

Last edited by the pope; 05-05-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:37 PM
MMGOOD

Originally Posted by the pope
Hi there Husky same experience here . The taranis even has ( dare I say ) model match when used with the xr receivers . Cant wait for the Horus to come out . Cheers
Hi Pope, I have been eyeing the Taranis for some time. I even held the Horus in my hands at the Toledo show. Quite a setup, but maybe more than I will ever need? The Taranis could be in my future, but I still have some models with FM receivers, so I have to hold on to my Futaba 9C a bit longer.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:42 PM
hsukaria

Hi Pope, I have been eyeing the Taranis for some time. I even held the Horus in my hands at the Toledo show. Quite a setup, but maybe more than I will ever need? The Taranis could be in my future, but I still have some models with FM receivers, so I have to hold on to my Futaba 9C a bit longer.

Not sure how I ever got logged in as another user.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:04 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by hsukaria

Not sure how I ever got logged in as another user.
Another one of those RCU "bugs"? LoL!! Better get the "tech team" on it!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:30 PM
the pope

Hi there Tim . what did you think of the Horus ? I dont think it was the final production version although its a bit hard to see from here in Aus . I read where the screen will be better . The boats coming along , having BIG issues with the finishing . Was sold some pigment to mix in withe resin but its turned to poop . Im past it at this stage so with give it a clear coat and I will be done . I dont care what it looks like anymore as long as it floats . If I make anymore they will be just clear coat . Cheers the pope
OOPS replied to the wrong person

Last edited by the pope; 05-06-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:09 AM
hsukaria

Hi there Tim . what did you think of the Horus ? I dont think it was the final production version although its a bit hard to see from here in Aus . I read where the screen will be better . The boats coming along , having BIG issues with the finishing . Was sold some pigment to mix in withe resin but its turned to poop . Im past it at this stage so with give it a clear coat and I will be done . I dont care what it looks like anymore as long as it floats . If I make anymore they will be just clear coat . Cheers the pope
OOPS replied to the wrong person
I'll respond to the FrSky question. The boat stuff is for Tim. I get seasick just looking at waves from the shore!!!

I didn't look very deep into the Horus, lots of people around. But it felt very robust and high end. The screen was vast. It might have been a prototype, but they had a few of them on the counter. Even the Taranis is a lot of radio for me though. I can be satisfied if FrSky did an 8 or 9 channel cheapie!!
Old 05-07-2015, 12:47 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was just wondering if the OP ever found a place that sells TTiger parts? Kind of wonder in case I ever need any. It is nice to know the kids in China are not stuck in the house playing video games, and building models and radios. Too bad they don't get out to play with them.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:05 PM
hsukaria

Originally Posted by aspeed
I was just wondering if the OP ever found a place that sells TTiger parts? Kind of wonder in case I ever need any. It is nice to know the kids in China are not stuck in the house playing video games, and building models and radios. Too bad they don't get out to play with them.
yeah, I had to do a hack job on the carb of one of my TT 75FS engines because I can't get parts for it. JB Weld to fix a crack and a servo arm as a throttle arm. I hope it holds up!!
Old 05-08-2015, 08:08 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It'll probably outlast the engine. That JB Weld is good stuff!