Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Pumped OS 120 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 11:14 AM
308jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pumped OS 120 question

Afternoon everyone,

I just got a pumped OS 120 from a friend who found it for me at Nall this year. It's in pretty good shape. Bearings are smooth, compression is good, valves seem correctly adjusted. It has a few dings on it but it has the appearance of a good engine. Since it didn't come with any instructions I've run into a mystery. It has three fittings on the pump. One already has a line to the carb. The other two don't have any lines on them. I'm guessing one brings in fuel from the tank and have no idea what the other one is. A return line maybe? Which fitting goes where? I can figure it out with a little trial and error but if anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Rick H.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Maybe

http://manuals.hobbico.com/osm/fs-120s-iii-manual.pdf
Old 06-12-2016, 04:57 PM
308jockey

Dave I appreciate such a quick response and that PDF is excellent. The only problem is that I don't think it applies to my engine. It refers to a Surpass iii and shows a pressure regulator located on the back near the carb. My engine shows no reference to being any kind of a Surpass version and has no regulator that I can see. I suspect this one is a much earlier version and while I expect it to run well assuming the pump still works I will still have to experiment a bit to make sure I have it all hooked up correctly. Well if it were too easy it wouldn't be R/C would it?

Rick H.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:29 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

A picture might help if that's doable, I can't find any trace of an OS with a pump but no regulator. Thanks, Dave
Old 06-13-2016, 06:42 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The fuel nipples on the pump are marked:

"IN" takes fuel from the tank.
"OUT" goes to the carburetor
"R" returns fuel not used back to the tank.

If you need a manual, we can send one to you, but we need to know which version. Does the carb have a velocity stack on the intake? If so, you have an FS-120 Surpass II. Does the pump have a large brass screw in the center, then you have the original version.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:27 AM
308jockey

Bax it looks like I must have an original version. A copy of the manual would be much appreciated. When you have time email me at [email protected] and I'll give mailing information. Thanks.

Rick H.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:29 AM
308jockey

Or I could have looked at your whole message and found your email address. I will be in touch shortly.

Rick H.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:52 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think these were the engines that needed a bleed line from the carb inlet back to the tank? It had a too rich problem that could not be solved with needle valve settings. If you google around for Surpass II issues you will probably find it.