Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Hayes/Kraft fuel tanks - Who wants them? (Group buy)

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Hayes/Kraft fuel tanks - Who wants them? (Group buy)

Old 06-30-2016, 10:19 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: changed my mind .........
Old 06-30-2016, 09:19 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
I think my quote here should make it abundantly obvious that no one was discussing "dead" , "still somewhat available" being the operative words here . I hope this clears up any unfathomable comprehension issues between the meanings of "somewhat available" VS "dead" for anyone who really needed it spelled out .
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_85py9msmz5_e

Prices don't look that bad. A few months back, well actually almost a year ago I found some unused film and shot some rolls. I rather enjoyed using my old SLR as I did not have to keep struggling with modes and such. Probably wouldn't be an issue if I used my DSLR more often.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:22 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave, FormerDairyFarmer
I now use only RotoFlow tanks for that reason. I even have one on my PSP.
You have to give thanks to Pappy DeBolt for the idea of the rotor tank. I used his 4 ounce round rotor tanks in the late 50's and early 60's. Made from brass and had a piece of brass tubing over a smaller size with a soldered weight on the end of the pick up tube and a bumper stop on the end to prevent it from sliding back and forth. It never failed and didn't cost the fortune that is being asked for the newer version. Sadly after 60 years of glow I'm now flying electric simply to have access to flying fields.

Dennis
Old 07-06-2016, 01:40 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeezix4me
I'm testing the waters to see how many folks on here would be interested in some Hayes/Kraft fuel tanks
So back to the subject, what is the latest on this buyout. does it look like it is going to happen?
Old 07-07-2016, 07:40 AM
Skeezix4me

Just a quick update on this process: I submitted an order to Hayes for 4 tanks in every size available in both regular and Slimline versions.

Hayes has been very nebulous regarding the pricing per-tank, and also for shipping costs. I do know they only want to ship large quantities as they are very constrained for time (they currently manufacturer aerospace parts - which is where the money is) and want to be done with the hobby side of their business.

I have a thread about Hayes tanks on both RC groups as well as RC Universe and will update both as I get more information.

At this time, I have only submitted an order to Hayes, and have yet to hear back from them. Once it is confirmed, I will advise on this thread.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:03 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Much appreciated.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:32 AM
Skeezix4me

Good morning,

Just another update: I contacted Hayes yesterday as theyhadn’t gotten back to me regarding the order. They told me they were busy and wouldreply to my email sometime late this week with pricing. When I receive information,I’ll post it here.

Additionally, the tooling to manufacturer the Hayes/Krafttanks is available for purchase if anyone is interested.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:52 AM
Skeezix4me

Ok everyone, I have an update on the Hayes tank situation:

I called Hayes, yet again, today to inquire what the status of the order was, and if I could add additional tanks to the purchase. I was told that the owner no longer wanted to sell the tanks to me, as he wanted to sell the entire Hayes/Kraft business and wanted to have some inventory to go along with the sale. Therefore, he was not interested in selling any of the tanks.

This is an unfortunate turn of events for all involved. At this time it doesn’t look like we will be able to get our beloved Hayes tanks unless someone wants to buy the company outright.

If I have any further information to add, I will post it here.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:42 PM
AwwNaww

Thank you much for trying!
Old 07-29-2016, 06:10 AM
JohnBuckner

Well sad indeed, thanks for your efforts.

John
Old 07-29-2016, 08:42 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe not.
Did they give a price for the whole mess. If it is reasonable I may go for it.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:48 AM
Skeezix4me

Originally Posted by Pylonracr
Maybe not.
Did they give a price for the whole mess. If it is reasonable I may go for it.
I didn't get that far in the conversation, actually. They seem to be very busy and don't care too much about the Hayes tank side of the business. PM me and I'll give you the contact info I have. I actually considered buying the equipment myself and finding a place to set it up and begin producing.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:40 PM
peter_gibbons

Originally Posted by JCOKEEFE
Throughout my building "career", I have only bought that brand a couple of times. I have settled into using DuBro tanks. BTW, lack of interest in glow/gas is a huge shame. I still fly glow only. If glow products (engines, tanks) disappear from the market, I will disappear from the hobby.
I second that
Old 11-13-2017, 03:11 PM
jboomerman

Default Kraft tanks

Did the sellthe tanks ?
Old 11-13-2017, 04:05 PM
fiery

MECOA are now the owners of the Hayes Line. Only listing a few mounts at the moment. It will be interesting to see if the buy-out included remaining stock of the fuel tanks.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:18 PM
JohnBuckner

A great many of our precious 'glow' supplies are indeed drying up, I suppose inevitable. Fortunately I have stashed sufficient supplies to last for the rest of my life.

John
Old 11-14-2017, 03:57 AM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I am fairly well stocked up too. Even though a lot of items we need are no longer made, they still seem to be in decent supply at swap meets, at least for now. I think that when the supply of something is completely exhausted, some guy will find a way to start manufacturing it in his garage.

carl
Old 11-14-2017, 04:02 AM
Skeezix4me

Originally Posted by fiery
MECOA are now the owners of the Hayes Line. Only listing a few mounts at the moment. It will be interesting to see if the buy-out included remaining stock of the fuel tanks.

This is excellent news! I have been out of touch with fixed-wing/glow for a while and wasn't aware MECOA acquired Hayes.
I will be calling them today to inquire about the fuel tanks.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:45 AM
JohnBuckner

I just made a buy from Mecoa (RJL, K&B) requesting multiples of every size they actually had. At the website they simply listed a list of all the sizes and two styles (regular and slimline) in the line but they had no idea as to the stock on hand.
Of the twenty four tanks I ordered they actually came through with sixteen.

I have my doubts wherther or not they actually make a production run in the future.

John
Old 12-13-2017, 04:23 AM
Skeezix4me

Yes MECOA is now the owner of Hayes tanks, ect. I'm sure there will be more to come if there is demand. The man I spoke with at MECOA, seems ready to produce anything he has, so long at it will make money.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:03 AM
fiery

Default MECOA as owner of the HAYES line of tanks and mounts

I had an email from Randy at MECOA

I placed an order for some Hayes tanks, but there was one size he was unable to supply,

It appears they will be made if demand is there.

The text of his email is unedited below:
"Hi Derek,I tried calling several times today but couldn't reach you. We ran out of the Hayes 4 oz tanks and could only send one on your order. We are making more but it will be a few weeks before they are done. Would you like to wait for the second one or we can refund for the extra you paid.Let me know,Randy"

I have replied to advise I am happy to wait for the tank. It appears the Hayes line may not be dead, at least as far as tanks are concerned.

Check them out:

http://stores.ebay.com/ModelerDirect/Fuel-Tanks-/_i.html?_fsub=30144431018&_sid=116664958&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Last edited by fiery; 02-21-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:38 AM
Skeezix4me

This is great news. The gentleman I talk to at MECOA is awesome, and knows a tremendous amount about the RC industry.

Everyone who wants a Hayes tank should call or email MECO directly.

I had an email from Randy at MECOA

I placed an order for some Hayes tanks, but there was one size he was unable to supply,

It appears they will be made if demand is there.

The text of his email is unedited below:
"Hi Derek,I tried calling several times today but couldn't reach you. We ran out of the Hayes 4 oz tanks and could only send one on your order. We are making more but it will be a few weeks before they are done. Would you like to wait for the second one or we can refund for the extra you paid.Let me know,Randy"

I have replied to advise I am happy to wait for the tank. It appears the Hayes line may not be dead, at least as far as tanks are concerned.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:01 AM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Good news to hear that MECOA is making some of the Hayes tanks. Those are some mighty high quality items.

carl
Old 03-12-2018, 11:34 PM
fiery

Default Hayes Tanks

Due to demand Randy at MECOA is making more Hayes Tanks as current stock runs out.

Here is a video of an 8 Oz slimline tank being made. The 4 Oz size will be next for a run.

Randy sent me an email to update me on progress.

We're still learning all the adjustments on the blow molding machine.

Here's a video. It drops a sock (or tube) and that has to be perfectly aligned with the mold.
After this the neck has to be machined and the 2 holes drilled in the nipples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oYP...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by fiery; 03-12-2018 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:22 AM
Skeezix4me

Due to demand Randy at MECOA is making more Hayes Tanks as current stock runs out.

Here is a video of an 8 Oz slimline tank being made. The 4 Oz size will be next for a run.

Randy sent me an email to update me on progress.

We're still learning all the adjustments on the blow molding machine.

Here's a video. It drops a sock (or tube) and that has to be perfectly aligned with the mold.
After this the neck has to be machined and the 2 holes drilled in the nipples.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oYP...ature=youtu.be

Oh, now THAT is cool!
Awesome to see how it works, and even cooler to know that Hayes tanks are once again being manufactured!
'Glow fuel, or bust'!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.