Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Starting a Saito 300

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 02:53 PM
propstryker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting a Saito 300

I have just purchase a used Spacewalker that came with a Saito 300. I am running a McDaniel twin glow driver. I have an old Dynatron starter, and I can put two 12v motorcycle batteries together, and that might be strong enough. I used this method for a Saito 180 that I had. Is there a better way to do this? Will the Sullivan Products Battery Box be a good solution? Has anyone had experience starting this engine? I plan to use Omega 10% glow fuel.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:29 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prime the engine and flick the prop a couple of times.Hook the glo up and grip the prop while pushing it thru the compression stroke.If the prop pushes back hand flick it backwards to start it.You are lucky..dave runs a 150 single and they are a real pig for flicking props,the twin is tame and good luck they sound mint.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:29 AM
propstryker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. So, you don't think I need a big a...Sullivan starter setup? Your technique is the way I start my Moki 2.10 and it works great.