Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

glow engine smoker..is it a feasable thing?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

glow engine smoker..is it a feasable thing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 09:07 PM
robster1
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glow engine smoker..is it a feasable thing?

I have a glow radial engine and am wondering if it is feasable to have a smoker. I know glow engines run cooler, and I could put the nipple two places: on the main dump outlet on the bottom of the ring or next to the head on the exhaust stack, My fuse is in the stage where I must decide before I proceed.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:10 PM
706jim

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One fellow added a smoker to a Super Tigre 2 stroke. It seemed that the muffler wasn't getting hot enough to make any significant amount of smoke. Guessing that your radial is a 4 stroke which should have a somewhat hotter exhaust. which should help with smoke.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Run some brass tubing around the part of the motor that get hottest to run your smoke oil through before it goes into the exhaust.