Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Saito FA-90 AAC 3-Cyl Radial in a TF GE Corsair 1/8th Scale

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito FA-90 AAC 3-Cyl Radial in a TF GE Corsair 1/8th Scale

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Wolflord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito FA-90 AAC 3-Cyl Radial in a TF GE Corsair 1/8th Scale

Has anyone put a Saito FA-90 AAC 3-Cyl Radial into a Top Flite Gold Edition 1/8th Scale Corsair, if so how did it work out. Did it fly well? Was it easy to install? What did you use for exhaust? I am a ways from getting this motor into my Corsair But I like to find out the hang ups and what parts I have to order first for the exhaust. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:22 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Saito FA-90 AAC 3-Cyl Radial in a TF GE Corsair 1/8th Scale

The Saito 90 R-3 has about the same power as a Saito 72 single cylinder engine if that will give you any indication of the performance?

This is created by the internal friction of the extra internal parts.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
nilsreinert123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Saito FA-90 AAC 3-Cyl Radial in a TF GE Corsair 1/8th Scale

Hi!
I have the 90r3 mounted on my jamara 60 corsair , i would think its about the same size as the tf 1/8 corsair. Anyway i can tell you how it works on my corsair.
The engine fits my corsair very well , and it flies very "scale" and well. I think the total flying weight is about 4.5kg. With the r3 engine you dont have alot of power to spare ,so you have to fly the plane alittle different from ,ex. a sport plane with a lot of power. I use flaps to land mine ,and it is not the easiest plane to land. But we need challenges. Actually i mixed rudder and aileron to make the landings easier.
For exhaust i silver soldered "plumbers cupper pipes" to the existing pipes on the 90r3 ,and bendt them to fit.
I think this engine will work fine on the TF corsair.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:42 PM
robbtennis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsair and FA 90R3 marriage

Just wondering if anything succeeded with this combo since I'm about to begin a similar project?