Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Evolution engines

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 01:00 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Evolution engines

I read a rumor from the Toledo Show that Horizon will no longer import Evolution engines. Is there any truth to the rumor?
Old 04-25-2019, 04:06 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't want to be quoted as spreading rumours but wonder if they are being made by Sanye. They have supposedly moved and have moving pains. I wonder if HH can't get them for that reason, or something more sinister like no demand. ASP and Magnum seem to be out of the Sanye stuff too. I have been waiting for a reply from someone in the know. I just recently got a few Evos, and they perform very well except the one with a broken wrist pin on my .60.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:35 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evolution and HH

There is something not write. Our suppler and stockist of Evolution told me That he was told Evolution is no longer on the market. But nobody wants to confirm or deny it. Hope somebody wil stand up and clear this up
Old 05-22-2019, 07:21 AM
CCFPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My February backorder for the 15cc motor has been removed from Tower order. When I call and asked about that thy said it is no longer available.

So, I guess HH won't be a suppler.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:31 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All Sanye made products are unavailable in the usa at this time and the rumor is the factory is moving. IMO I think we are not getting the whole story because I doubt the factory would suddenly
shut down with no firm date to resume operation if they were really serious about supplying these engines. The low demand for these engines is really what the issue is IMO, and the factory
I dont think receive enough orders to continue making them.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:44 PM
aspeed

Maybe Just Engines could take over the Evo line if they are already dealing with Sanye for ASP. They are the one source I am aware of that mentioned the move. https://www.justengines.co.uk/acatalog/ASP.html They are quite expensive but I think the 20% VAT comes off for foreign sales. I have never dealt with them but others are very happy.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:52 PM
ira d

Originally Posted by aspeed
Maybe Just Engines could take over the Evo line if they are already dealing with Sanye for ASP. They are the one source I am aware of that mentioned the move. https://www.justengines.co.uk/acatalog/ASP.html They are quite expensive but I think the 20% VAT comes off for foreign sales. I have never dealt with them but others are very happy.
I dont think its a issue of Horizon dropping Evolution but rather a issue of the engines no longer being made in fact when the stock of ASP is gone im sure just engines will be in the same boat as Magnum
and Horizon.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:59 PM
ira d

I just went on the Just Engines website and they are low on stock as well but say they expect production to resume later in the spring. If the UK has a greater demand for glow we could the ASP brand
come back but not the Magnum and Evolution brands but I suppose Horizon may start to sell ASP if they become available again.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:09 AM
aspeed

Magnum and ASP are the same engine with different lettering for the Magnum I presume for exclusivity to the US and warranty work. It is too bad Mike started a business and right away they slow down/stop production. I would deal with Just Engines anyway because Magnum will not do foreign orders. Apparently I am a foreigner. He has very little stock left. https://www.mikegoesflying.com/produ...plane-engines/