Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default SC 30FS 4 stroke engine - need infos

Hello folks

I just bought an SC 30 FS from the big auction site. It comes with no box, no instructions, no tools. Could some good soul tell me which tools would I have gotten in the box with a brand new engine? And maybe let me have a scan of the instructions? Also - I know that there are MkI and MkII of this engine, how can I tell one from the other?

Many thanks!
Old 05-27-2019, 02:54 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (101)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here is a review of the SC .30: SC 30 FS
Old 05-27-2019, 08:22 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have the equivalent engine in the Magnum. It is the same engine and parts are directly interchangeable. The engine did not come with any tools. The valve settings are the same for virtually all small four cycle engines. The clearances, cold (room temperature) are 0.04mm to 0.10mm. Break in prop recommend is 9 X 5, and recommended prop sizes range from 9 X 5 to 11 X 4. The instructions say you must have some Castor oil in the fuel mix for break in (and I never ever do not use some Castor in my fuel regardless of what engine I am flying). My engine is new in the box and I got it direct from Bandilear (no longer in business).
Old 05-28-2019, 05:36 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Send me your email address and I will send you the Instruction sheet and parts list for the Magnum version. As I said, it is the same engine, just the case is marked differently. I get spare parts from Just Engines in
Great Britain who supplies and markets the non-Magnum version. While some versions of the Magnum engines are still sold in the US not all of them are available. I do not believe the .30 four stroke is available today in the Magnum version. No matter, the engines are internally the same, just the outer case is marked differently.. My email is cmorrison1@aol.com. Contact me and I will send you what I have scanned.