Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

No more Bru-line filters? No problem.....

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

No more Bru-line filters? No problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2021, 05:15 PM
Bigshark

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default No more Bru-line filters? No problem.....

Old 08-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Bigshark

Ok you could just use some RC ground air filter but the Bru-line was so elegant. So all you need is a 3Dprinter, 30 cents worth of TPU and PLA, a vise, and some nylon stockings. The STL files are on thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4911252
the two rings should hold two layers of nylon and when clamped securely ( I used my drill press vise) thin CA can be dripped on the outside of the ring. One flip over and a little more CA and then the excess nylon can be cut off easily. This can be used in a regular bru-line rubber boot if you have one. If not, the boot can be printed in TPU (flexible filament) The size on the thingiverse file is perfect for a TH .75 or an SK .90.

Last edited by Bigshark; 08-02-2021 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:43 PM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigshark
Ok you could just use some RC ground air filter but the Bru-line was so elegant. So all you need is a 3Dprinter, 30 cents worth of TPU and PLA, a vise, and some nylon stockings. The STL files are on thingiverse at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4911252
the two rings should hold two layers of nylon and when clamped securely ( I used my drill press vise) thin CA can be dripped on the outside of the ring. One flip over and a little more CA and then the excess nylon can be cut off easily. This can be used in a regular bru-line rubber boot if you have one. If not, the boot can be printed in TPU (flexible filament) The size on the thingiverse file is perfect for a TH .75 or an SK .90.

Or call Matt at Prop Shop Hobbies in Warren, MIchigan. His father, Tom was the person who originated and made the Bru-Line filters. I bought about 50 of them from Matt a couple of years ago. Likely he still has some.

Last edited by Jesse Open; 08-02-2021 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 08:58 PM
Bigshark

Well gee whiz! This whole google thing SUCKS! There's apparently all sorts of new glow engines and accessories that just aren't indexed by freaking google. I gotta get out more or maybe make some more contacts......
Old 08-02-2021, 09:13 PM
Jesse Open

Yessir, Knew Tom, worked with his son and still buying from Matt, just10 miles down the road. Great hobby shop too!
He has real good priceson fuel as well

Last edited by Jesse Open; 08-03-2021 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:31 PM
Bigshark

You're a lucky guy. I woke up one morning and my engines were gummed up caster and the foam elements in those filters had turned to dust. Went to my local hobby shop that is actually not bad and all the Bru-lines and kits for that matter were long gone. I looked on fleabay for filters and there wasn't much so it seemed like DIY was the only option.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:23 AM
Jesse Open

Sure, I understand. Just sharing the luck here

Part luck and part taking the initiative to ask. The filters had been off the market for quite a while. I had taken the initiative to "ask" because I was interested in producing and offering the BruLine filters again. They were well known world wide at one time. The oiled labrynth nature of the foam makes it far more effective than a stocking mesh strainer .
Old 08-04-2021, 08:22 AM
Bigshark

Not trying to steal your thunder or claim that my cloth mask is an N95. Something is better than nothing especially when it comes to keeping grass and large particles out of your engine.......