Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Extra Beanol Castor

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 05:50 PM
billlvrcs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Extra Beanol Castor

Plenty of glows here, 2 and 4 cycles. I run them juicy, more compression, cooler running and they seem to last longer. Haven't had to change a glow plug in years. I use S&W 15% in both with outstanding results. I also add a few ounces of Beanol Racing Castor to each gallon. Running them on the rich side yields a thin smoke trail and a cooler run. Any tips how to get a better "smoke trail" without using a dedicated smoke system. I used S&W Fuels glow fuel, standard 2 cycle 15%. Stan in Easton, Pa. produces an excellent fuel at an excellent price. Check him out, you'll like the fuel. Bill
Old 05-13-2024, 12:13 PM
jaka54

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You probably know that modern ABC and ABN two stroke engines should not run slobbering rich , as you then might destroy the piston to cylinder fit.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:36 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a Saito 100 I bought used to rebuild. the owner was very happy to tell me he always ran it slobbering rich. I question that to myself. when I took it apart I found the valves were thickly cacked fuzzy black. the cam too, but not as bad. the cylinder liner was stained black.
the piston skirt was blistered a bit and the ring look to be eaten by acid. I considered this to be caused by setting too long in burnt oil.