Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

MDS and Perry carb

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Frequentcrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MDS and Perry carb

Can I use a Perry carb on an MDS .68? Has anyone used this setup?
Old 10-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: MDS and Perry carb

You certainly can. My .68 has a perfect carb so I don't see why you would want to unless yours came with the old style carb, in which case Horizon will send you the new C2 carb for free. They don't list one for your engine so you'll have to mic. your carbs neck id and od then pick one from their chart.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Homebrewer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the current carb, you don't need to use a replacement carb such as the Perry. The older version of the .68 carb worked perfectly. In fact, I never had a carb problem with any MDS engine except the MDS .48. The .40, .58, .58 engines worked just fine on original carb.

Many people blame the carb for the MDS line not running properly. What they fail to realize is that this hard chrome engine takes a long time to break in. When not broken in, engine will not hold a reliable idle and will not transition well nor hold a full throttle setting 400 rpm shy of max lean rpm. After a couple of tanks, the new MDS user gets frustrated and ends up selling the Ebay engine to people like me for a huge discount and then labeling the engine as a bad brand.

If you need some help with your MDS engine, email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 10-03-2003, 04:17 PM
Frequentcrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a complete MDS .68 from a friend and received this engine as a "parts engine" as a bonus. There was nothing wrong with the parts engine, but he had sold the carb. Just curious about the Perry set up because I had an extra one in the "goodies" box at home.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:37 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Havn't seen an engine yet that a Perry didn't improve. Go for it!