Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

YS110FZ CARBURATTOR PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 01:54 AM
edge 3644

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS110FZ CARBURATTOR PROBLEM

Hi guys,
Since two days I am busy breaking in my brand new YS110. What drives me mad is the
throttle control. The throttle arm must be forced (really forced) by hand to rotate but standard
3kgcm servo won't move it even a bit. I thought at first that problem comes from too tight fit
of barrel in carb. body, but later discovered that it appears only when 4 screws mounting carburattor are made equally tight. If one screw (closest to throttle arm) is
relieved than is OK and barrel movement is light and smooth. To my mind the tightening of 4
screws equally causes deformation of carb body therefore stopping the barrel from free
movement. Any opinions on that guys?.
Thanks
Old 12-10-2003, 03:39 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YS110FZ CARBURATTOR PROBLEM

I don't know, but the throttle arm on all four of my YS 110's moves very easily, and all mounting screws are equally tight. There is no way tightening the 4 screws equally will cause deformation of the carb body. In fact, tightening the 4 screws equally will decrease the chance of warpage. You have something else going on. Maybe there is a piece of debris in the carb that prevents the carb from rotating freely.
Old 12-10-2003, 03:48 AM
edge 3644

Richard,
Carb is clean. Before the fourth screw is tightened, everything is fine. To contuinue break-in
I put spring washer under that screw to prevent from loosing it and causing leaks from
crankcase. I still have impression that alligment after tightening of mounting screws causes this
hussle. I use quite a number of different engines of different makes and never came across
problem of this nature.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:52 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

It sounds like the throttle stop screw is screwed in too far.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:38 AM
edge 3644

Stop screw is positioned OK. Allows to limit barrel rotation as it should. With this screw removed
problem still persists.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:47 PM
ny_rc

Had exactly the same problem with my 110.
Unscrew throttle barrel retainer and file it just a bit. That will do. No problem after that.

Great engine !