Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Glo-Gas conversions

Old 01-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glo-Gas conversions

I'm considering converting a 60cc Twin Supertiger to gas and ignition, and was wondering about gas-oil ratios and how successful these conversions from Glo-Gas really are. As well, any problems that might arise and things to look out for in the process.

TIA
Old 01-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Glo-Gas conversions

C&H ignition has done conversions on many of the large Super Tigers and others. Think they still do.
www.ch-ignition.com They can answer a lot of questions.
Converting a ST to gas will require changing the carb to a Walbro type, but they can advise on that. [&:]
Old 01-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Glo-Gas conversions

I converted an OPS 30 Maxi to gas with good results, it has a needle bearing rod so the gas mix for my G45 and Mustang 50 worked fine in it. I'm sure you'd have to run more oil and maybe some castor in the Tigre twin. I run Optima lube in all. I mix up a separate gallon for my Merco .61 gas engine and add 4 oz of castor with the Optima. The rod bushings are as tight as 10 years ago.