Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Enya VT 240 Twin F/S

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 11:32 PM
jetf9f2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enya VT 240 Twin F/S

Does any one know how to make one of these engines run properly? Enya VT240 Twin Four Stroke. I have replaced the original twin carby setup with a OS 61 carby as was suggested and also run twin on board glo system but still does not want to idle, I put 2 new plugs in and also addedd 5% nitro. The motor has no mufflers on so there is no tank pressure. As I throttle back, the motor either cuts out or one cylinder cuts out --it only seems to run at half throttle, and the prop is the right size recommended [>:]
Old 04-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Enya VT 240 Twin F/S

Which glow plugs are you using? The smaller Enya's that I have only seem to run the best on #3 Enya plugs. Regardless of nitro content or glow driver.
[&:]
The following users liked this post:
Greendog181 (08-22-2020)
Old 03-20-2005, 06:15 AM
hanoiboi

I use the original twin carbs. Break-in is important, but after a few tanks mine ran fine. The twin carbs are adjusted by leaving the glow plugs connected, and adjusting the idle mixture one at a time. Adjust the high-speed needle in between. Once set, they're great. I use mostly 10% N fuel, sometimes 15% w/o much difference noticed. BTW, I have a Saito 130 twin with twin carbs that is adjusted the same way and is quite reliable now that it is broken in. I needed about 2 hours on it before it got to be reliable though - always came in with one jug out.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:48 PM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello; I don't know if this will help but, Laser ask that you use two separate fuel tanks for their V twins. The thinking is that the firing points are so close together that one carb gulps fuel a moment after the other stops gulping. So there's an inertia issue in the clunk line that prevents the second carb getting an uninterrupted gulp. Please excuse the technical jargon.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:28 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I flew mine, I used a single tank, and pressure set up with a Cline regulator. I tapped each exhaust stack for pressure to the tank.I fed the two individual carbs from a single Cline regulator with a Y to the carbs.

It ran GREAT! Never flamed out, and would idle very low. A sweet engine. I ran OS F plugs and 7% nitro, 18% oil fuel.

It would not behave nearly as well relying on suction to draw fuel. I spoke to Jim Cline at the time (I was thinking to use two regs, one for each carb) but he suggested I try one to feed both first and it did work well.

AJC
Old 03-26-2005, 11:45 PM
hanoiboi

Whoops, forgot to mention that I use common 4-stroke Perry Pumps for fuel feed.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:36 AM
speed-panzer
My Feedback: (1)

Hi all,

my Enya VT240 runs very well. It is totally stock with dual carbs. I use a glow driver for save idle, two separate fuel lines into a single tank, and no exhaust pressure or any other kind of pump. Prop is 20x7, fuel has 8% nitro and 15% synthetic oil.

It took a while to get a good transition from idle to full power adjusted by fiddling with the air bleed screws, but this is set now fine. And it does need the glow heating for reliable low idle.