My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default enya 46-4c

any feedback on the enya 46 4stroke, am planning to use it on a TF elder 40. thanks
Old 04-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Doug D.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: enya 46-4c

Good reliable engine. Likes 15% nitro and the enya #3 plug. An 11x6 prop is ideal. Check the valve at about every 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of fuel.
The .53 uses the same case I believe. I have that one as well and it uses the same mounting dimensions.
[&:]
Old 04-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (101)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Doug is spot on, a 12x6 makes the midrange run rich, a 12x5 is also a good choice. Mine is 13 years old and still has the original plug in it.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:40 PM
donkey doctor

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello; Yes I have two of those, wonderful engines. One I bought in the 80's and put in a dynaflite Mustang which I flew and flew and flew. The engine never stumbled after all those years. I bought a 53 Enya because of teh good 46, but it wasn't as good at all. I have since bought another 46 and a 40 4-stroke. I had a 120 Enya but (foolishly) sold it. It was a real good engine too.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:37 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (101)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'll have to say that my .53 TN is a better engine, it is smoother running and has a much better carb, It turns a 12x6 with authority.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Ram Jet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Guys,

i bought a used Enya .46 4-C in 12/08. I tore the engine down and found that the ring had a .011" end gap. That would be an acceptable ring end gap for my 30 c.i. Honda single cylinder motorcycle but unacceptable for a .46 c.i. engine. Today I gapped and installed a Frank Bowman ring. It was superior in every way to the Enya ring. For one thing it's .001" thicker than the Enya ring. I installed a Bowman ring in my new, never a drop of fuel run through it, Enya 1.55. The stock ring had a ring end gap of .0095 - new. It now has an end gap of .0015" anyway the point of this post is to talk about bearings. I have a bad bearing which I didn't catch on my first tear-down in 2008. I then checked the main bearings and they seemed a-bit "gritty" so I decided to replace all four of the bearings. I noted the littly tiny bearing supporting the camshaft drive gear in the back of the camshaft housing on my first tear-down. I thought to myself then how in the heck do you get that little devil out of there. Here's what I did today. I placed the housing over a burner of my kitchen gas stove with the burner on fairly low heat. I had to heat the housing to the point that the residual oil on and in the housing started to smoke. At that pinit I took the housing off the burner with a pot holder and banged the housing on my kitchen counter top. It took about four solid wacks and the little bearing fell out. Now I'm off to RC Brearings to replace all four.

Thought you guys might find this info useful.

Cheers,
Bill
Old 09-19-2012, 01:52 AM
bogbeagle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I love my Enya .46.

Runs on straight.

Has an automatic choke facility.

I use an 11.5 x 6.

Just right for my Birdie .40... it'll be great on that Elder.