Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Leaky YS 45

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 07:40 PM
bsumpter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaky YS 45

Hey everyone ...

I recently revived my 10 year old YS45 and hung it on the front of a UltraStick .40. It runs great with plenty of power, and the slowest idle of any engine I have.

I've noticed though, while in storage at the house it continually "leaks" fuel, even though the tank is dry. I've searched in vain for the source, as it litterally appears to be everywhere, from the head down. After two or three days it will seep out enough fuel to drop some drops on the wing below it.

I wipe the entire engine off every time I notice this, but within another two or three days the engine is wet again, and drips are accumulating.

And yes -- the fuel tank has been deppresurized. Oh, and the engine is side-mounted.

Is this normal for the YS engines?
Old 07-06-2002, 08:25 PM
azhar
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaky YS 45

bsumpter,

Since the engine has been lying around for a while, the gaskets may have worn. You might want to condider replaing them. Call Central hobbies. They will most likely have all the necessary stuff. Good luck.

Azhar