Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Enya 60 III

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Enya 60 III

I just bought an unused example of this motor, which I figure was manufactured in the 1980's. While the motor is "new" in the box, it doesn't come with a muffler. Questions - Did folks run this motor without a muffler? Does anyone know how I would/could fit a muffler on it? Would one of those strap on mufflers work? I will probably give the importer (Altech) a call to see if they can supply an OEM muffler, but I don't hold out much hope for this.

Finally, any opinions on this engine, now that I own it?

Thanks,
    Dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Enya 60 III

This is a great engine. Just remember it is not a schnurle ported engine and doesn't make as much horsepower as engines produced today. But there's no reason not to bolt it on to your favorite sport plane and have a ball. Enya made a muffler for this engine that had a strap that held it on. Sometimes they come up on that on line auction site. There are probably some universal type mufflers that might fit also. I always ran the factory muffler on my 60II even though it had an exhaust baffle. Some of the IIIs had this baffle and the later ones did not. These would definitely need the muffler back pressure to idle properly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Enya 60 III

There were two versions of the 60 III, the first was quite early (made in the 60's I think) and was a baffled, ringed engine and the later one was marked 60X (model 7101) and is an AAC. If you've got the X version then it's a real powerhouse. The muffler for that one is P/No M601X.