Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Magnum 70 Four Stroke Black Exhaust Residue

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Magnum 70 Four Stroke Black Exhaust Residue

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 05:04 PM
orcrest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum 70 Four Stroke Black Exhaust Residue

I'm halfway through the run-in cycle for my Magnum 70, had about 3 tanks of fuel through it. The fuel tube running from the exhaust nipple to the fuel tank is blackish/dark inside - I'm thinking this isn't good, any suggestions/advice? I have followed the manufacturers' run-in instructions.

Cheers

Da Orc
Old 07-25-2004, 07:14 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Magnum 70 Four Stroke Black Exhaust Residue

First, if you are running it leaned out, you aren't doing it any good. A ringed engine like a 4-stroke needs some rich running to break in. I have one that I ran a half gallon of castor blend with extra castor to bring the oil percentage up to over 20%. Now I have it on a Big Stick 40 for air breaking in. It is running strong, but still needs more time to get it to tune properly. Due to the short, Big Stick gear, I am running a 12-6 3-blade. The plane is nose heavy, but it does have good vertical for 500 feet or so.

When a ringed engine breaks in, it wears the ring to a good, smooth fit to the cylinder sleeve. This needs to be done in a slobbering rich 4-cycle with a high oil fuel with castor in it. Try this for a half gallon and if your engine doesn't run correctly send it back to Global Services.