Default saito FA-220 zeus

hi ,
look at what small French you A finds!! [8D]

http://www.saito-mfg.com/zeus/fa-220-zeus.html
Old 05-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: saito FA-220 zeus

Now that looks like a hefty piece of machinery... I want one... but my japanese is a bit rusty, so can you tell me when it will hit the market?
Old 06-01-2004, 12:25 AM
tmax
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi

sorry , i don't know.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:32 PM
RickVB
My Feedback: (24)

September, 2004. Next time, use http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Old 06-02-2004, 04:15 PM
The PIPE

Default FINALLY...a REAL Giant Scale FOUR STROKER!

Dear RickVB and Fellow RCU'ers:

The PIPE Here...saw that new Saito "mill", and can't WAIT to see how BIG a prop THAT MONSTER MILL will be able to spin!

Just wondering...HOW big, perhaps even a FULL 61cm (24 in) diameter prop...a prop will a Saito FA-220 will be able to "heft" in the air???

The AMAZING RCV 120SP four stroker has that nice "camshaft speed" GEARING to spin a 61cm prop well enough...for fairly LIGHTWEIGHT Giant Scalers of about 6-8 kg, or 13-17 lbs ( like WW I Bristol Scouts in 1/4th size, like the one from my old buddy HANK ILTZSCH's plans in the March 1981 AMA mag would build up into) the RCV is a PERFECT choice, but for HEAVIER ones...NOW ol'Gen Saito HAS come up with what COULD be THE MILL for the heavier ones, up to say about 8-10 kg, or 17-22 lbs!!!

Hope to see it "in person" at NEXT years' WRAMS show...IF Horizon makes the decision to actually BE there in 2005 (they were ABSENT in 2004...rats) !!!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Old 06-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: FINALLY...a REAL Giant Scale FOUR STROKER!

Geez, the 180 is hard enough on fuel. You'll need to refuel this thing in the air just to get it up & down. I'm waiting for them to make something like this that runs on gasoline. You got to give credit to Saito though, their R & D dept. must never sleep.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:52 PM
The PIPE

Default Saito DID once made a GAS engine...

Dear Don M:

The PIPE here AGAIN...and Gen Saito's very FIRST (and ONLY one as far as I know) two stroke model engine was, amazingly enough, a 10 cm3 (60 size) GASOLINE fueled spark ignition motor from around 1980!

It COULD be possible to convert the FA-220 to using a Walbro carburetor for gasoline, and use Gary Conley's gasoline version of the Perry Shaker pump to get the fuel to it...but the number of air cooling FINS on the FA-220 IS most likely intended for glow fuels, and that BIG mill COULD overheat on gasoline fuel with SO few fins on it! That Saito 60-size spark ignition gasoline two stroke had what seemed a "gazillion THIN fins" on it...I VIVIDLY remember what it looked like, as my LHS had one in stock for quite some time way back then!

So Saito HAS made at least ONE gasoline fueled model engine in its past achievements...now IF that old 1980s engine's design could be applied to the FA-220, than we WOULD have a true challenger!

But "if not soon", I'd suppose I'd go for some VERY reasonably priced glow fuel to run the FA-220, as well as my GROWING collection of other four strokes (up to SIX now-and NO two stroke engines of ANY sort) in my "hangar" these days...the fuel from http://members.aol.com/fhsoil/RMprice04.html HAS been my fuel source for my four strokers at 10% nitro and 17% all synthetic lube...I DO get it DIRECT from FHS...but what I've found at http://www.s-whobby.com/ ALSO has got me interested, with LOWER prices than Red Max has, and recommendations in another thread here at RCU about S&W fuels have got me SERIOUSLY THINKING about trying the "closer-to-home" S&W product.

But WHAT a "mill" the FA-220 will be...just get some MORE AFFORDABLE fuel to operate it with, like S&W's seems to be!

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!
Old 08-05-2004, 04:02 PM
seanychen
My Feedback: (4)

I am waiting for this engine to come out so I can bolt onto my OMP Edge P 80" ARF. I hope the Zeus can swing a 20" prop w/ authority, like APC 20x8W. Heavy prop, good for torque rolls.