Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Difficulty with a Magnum XLS 46

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 06:55 PM
XDeathReborn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficulty with a Magnum XLS 46

Now I know many beginners like me usually have trouble getting their motors to run properly, but this is a little bit different for me.

I recently got my first trainer plane and a .46 XLS for it. Upon opening it, I popped on the muffler pretty easily, and then I realized that the needle valve was mounted on the front. I thought to myself, no biggy, I'll just switch it to the remote place. THe instruction manual states how to mount it to the standard mount from the rear mount, but no directions for the front set to the rear set. Once again, I thought no biggy, I'll just do the reverse. However, there is a seal plug that mounts to the carb (where the needle would go if you mount front)/ The problem is, this nut is installed on the rear mount, because the front needle valve is already installed. Does this make any sense? Basically:

There's a seal that should have gone on the carb.

But

The needle valve is already installed on the carb.

So

The factory guy put the seal on the rear mount instead.

That's the simplest way to put it. However, the seal WONT COME OFF THE MOUNT. I tried unscrewing it for 15 minutes, pulling, using pliers, nothing works. It just spins on itself. The part is: http://www.globalhobby.com/public/gallery/282159.asp

I know this is some old newbie question, but I'm completely stumped.

Thanks in advance for the help.