Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Thunder Tiger 120 Pro W/Pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Guerra
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger 120 Pro W/Pump

Does anyone know how the pump works on this engine?? The pump appears to have regulator screw that I’m trying to understand. What should be its initial setting, and how do I know if it is set correctly?? Any info would be appreciated since this engine did not come with pump instructions.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:00 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger 120 Pro W/Pump

Might you have a Perry pump instead?

http://www.perrypumps.com/products.htm

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 12-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a Cline, you don't need to fool with it
Old 12-25-2004, 11:02 AM
olddogg60
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guerra,
I have 2 of these engines but I have yet to run them. Just got the plane that I am going to use 1 in. Here is some text from the operating instruction manual.

<"A-BAN" Fuel Pump System with Fuel Line There are two nipples on the pump surfuce. Connect the "IN" nipple to fuel tank with a suitable length tube, and connect the "OUT" nipple to the carburetor with the short tube (is included in the box). Both the tube lengths should be as short as possible.
1. This "A-BAN" fuel pump is the diaphragm type pump. The main parts of the pump consits 4 pieces body and three diagrams. The pump unit connect with the backplate by a connector screws. It utilize the pressure from crankcase to draw the fuel from fuel tank through pump system to carburetor, and a large-throat carburetor is combined with this pump system to provide more power for your engine. On the pump surface, there are two nipples and an adjustable screw inside the nose section. The fuel is drawn into the "IN" nipple from fuel tank, through pump system, then supplied to carb from the "OUT" nipple. The screw can adjust the diagram and the related device to effect the quantity of fuel supply.
2. Adjustment
The adjustment screw has been setted in the factory. It is suggested that you DO NOT to adjust the screw. But if you can not adjust the idle needle valve to get a good running of the idle or acceleration, you can try to adjust this screw. To increase the fuel flow by turning the screw in (clockwise direction), and to decrease the fuel flow by turning the screw out (counterclockwise direction). Never to turn the screw all out, otherwise the spring inside the pump will eject out, and the pump will loss it's function.

Bill