Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

magnum fs91

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 01:27 PM
dsp0982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnum fs91

hi,

i was hoping someone can help me out with a question i have about a nipple fitting that's located on what i would call the intake manifold, the tube between the carb and the engine head. i've been through the manual and can find nothing that pertains to this.
i've just broke the engine in and it seems to run fine the way it is, but i would really like to know.

thanks and regards to all,

bud
Old 01-26-2005, 01:31 PM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: magnum fs91

There should have been a small length of tubing included with the engine - it is supposed to go between the nipple on the intake manifold and the crankcase nipple. I think it is supposed to recycle oil back into the engine from the crank case as well as vent pressure. I know when I manually flip the prop on mine I see a lot of movement in this line so I think it's doing a lot of oil circulation and pressure venting.

I'm sure it would run fine without it.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:53 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What Mike says is correct.

They've apparently made no mention of the tube in the instructions because it was a on going change.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 01-26-2005, 04:15 PM
bako

I have same engine and was confused too. then asked hobypeople and they told newer verdions have the very system. it recyrcles oil.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the connection between the oil drain and the inlet tube was first on the .70. I have one of these and it works well. You don't get any oil drain out the bottom and don't notice and performance degradation. I understand the .91 and the 1.20 now come with it. Just connect the two nipples with fuel line and forget about it.

The only down side is now it is hard to inject after engine run oil with a cowled installation. My .70 is in a Sea Monster sea plane with a cowl.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:52 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

In late 2000, I bought three engines from Paul. An ASP FS61, FS91, & FS120. The 120 had the tube to the intake. the others did not. I remember no mention of the tube in the literature that came with them

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 01-26-2005, 09:06 PM
dsp0982

thanks a-heap guys i really appreciate the quick responses.

by the way this is in a gb decathlon that i have yet to fly, hopefully the maiden will be this weekend. weather pending!!! wish me luck....

thanks again