Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Glow Plug....Bullet

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 04:48 AM
Jay7318713-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow Plug....Bullet

Just got my .91fx flying up for it i think 5th time I was and just before this flight i tighted the glow plug and then flew when i got up i heard a POP and then the engine quit i landed safely and guess what the glow plug shot out! What happed i did not have any signs of fuel leaking or anything so how did it just shoot out??
Old 09-08-2002, 05:46 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maybe a little loose, but here is an experience I shared.

A few weeks ago in Germany at a jet day there was a guy flying a ducted fan. He made several good flights and then on one had a sudden flame-out. The glow plug was found embedded in the motor access hatch (Kevlar). The threads were OK so we assumed it had slowly worked it's way loose. No loss or damage other than the hole in the access hatch which he then Dremelled out so he could access the glowplug directly.

Mark
Old 09-08-2002, 07:15 AM
MAJSteve
My Feedback: (-1)

I have a twist-lock glow plug starter that WILL unscrew the plug. I fight it on and off and it vibrates when its on so unless the plug is good and tight on its washer, it'll work loose over time.
Old 09-08-2002, 04:40 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

happened to a group of us looking over a plane in the pits, a few seconds later something drops onto the wing, its the plug, back in engine and away we go