Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Prop reamer for MVVS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 09:44 AM
dustbin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop reamer for MVVS

Hi all. I have a couple of MVVS engines in the .40-.50 size where the the prop stud is 7mm. Does anyone make a step reamer that covers this size? I've bollixed up a couple of props already using a taper reamer (gets expensive over here in Germany with APC's[:@]), and drilling is out of the question. 'Course, I could go the route of a machinists reamer, but the cost of such an animal is prohibitive [:'(].

Thanx, Pete
Old 02-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Prop reamer for MVVS

Try this reamer: [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXG941&P=ML]Fox Reamer[/link]
Old 02-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Dustbin...

I get all my APC props from Braeckman in Aachen (www.braeckman.de). He handles about the same prices in Euros as they are listed in dollars on the APC website... that means from 2.35 euro for something like a 9x7 to 4.10 euro for something like a 12x8. I would hardly call that astronomical!

In addition he has just about every APC prop in stock, even the rare ones...
Needless to say I am stocking up heavily on APC's at these prices. Whenever I need a prop, I just order three to have some stock and to be able to help flying buddy out every now and then...

Drilling work fine if you take care, use a good drill bit and a drill press.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:46 PM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!
Get the FOX metric reamer! I have used one for 15 yeras now and it's much better than using a drill bit or a round file.
Regards!
Jan K
Sweden
Old 02-07-2005, 05:31 PM
dustbin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aah yes, the good old FOX! Have had the four step inch model in my flight box since 1967 or thereabouts (am I revealing my age?) - forgot that they make the metric model. Just put one on order from TO...

Rudeboy: for astronomical I meant the cost for a machinist's reamer, plus when I bug-up two 12.25x3.75's or even one 15x8... it adds up. I'm presently handicapped by HARTZ IV - as you're a nachbar, I'm sure you know what I mean. Thanx for the Braeckmann tip, I'm familiar with their service and my LHS (Local Hobby Shop) in Dietzenbach has a fair price for APC's.

Thanx to the rest of you! I didn't expect such quick "service"!!

Pete