Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Super Tigre .60 Bluehead

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 07:59 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I used an APC 11x7 on my Blue head 60 powered Big Stik 60 and it really moved along.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:20 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you think it is enough power for the Super Kaos ?

I found two conflicting INFO on this :

1) The old Bluehead ST .60 shown in the picture wasn't up the task of motivating the Kaos so it's been replaced with an OS .55AX.
Sweet engine... light weight and gobs of power.

2) Super Kaos ready to fly is 2760g (6lb 1oz) without fuel. The fuel used was 80% methanol, 20% castor. The prop is an APC 11x7 . Although the engine is very new and I did not tune it too lean, it shows more than enough power.

P.S. My ST 60 BH is also new.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:52 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by vasek
So you think it is enough power for the Super Kaos ?

I found two conflicting INFO on this :

1) The old Bluehead ST .60 shown in the picture wasn't up the task of motivating the Kaos so it's been replaced with an OS .55AX.
Sweet engine... light weight and gobs of power.

2) Super Kaos ready to fly is 2760g (6lb 1oz) without fuel. The fuel used was 80% methanol, 20% castor. The prop is an APC 11x7 . Although the engine is very new and I did not tune it too lean, it shows more than enough power.
P.S. My ST 60 BH is also new.
It is quite possible as mentioned in post 2) that the Blue head was old and quite likely worn out. I would definitely go with post 1) as my Great Planes kit built Big Stik weights 8+ lbs and my Blue head with a Bowman ring gives it all the performance I need. If your engine is sound and in good mechanical order I'm quite sure it will provide ample power for your model.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:24 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK I'll give it a go .