Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 91 set up

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:39 PM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 91 set up

After searching RCU and the web and not finding any answers.......

I'm repairing a plane for a friend and it has a Saito 91. I've only used YS so I'm unsure of how to set it up. Is the nipple on the back plate a breather or does it connect to something? Also can I use a two line system with a "T" and fill it throught the carb side with the carb closed or will that flood it? Thanks.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:37 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Saito 91 set up

Richard:

The nipple in the back plate is indeed a breather, your YS engines don't have one.

So long as the engine is upright, the throttle being closed will allow you to use a tee in the carb hose for filling the tank. If the engine is side mounted it still will work, but a third line is preferred. The tee will work, but the engine is more prone to flooding when inverted. If you're careful the tee will work inverted, the third line is just safer.

Bill.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:38 PM
FlyingPilgrim
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Saito 91 set up

Using a "T" fitting and filling with a two line system you may still get some fuel forced into the carb, even with the carb shut. If you find this happens, you can pinch off the line to the carb using a hemostat or other clamp while you fill to prevent it. If you don't have access to the fuel line (through the bottom of you cowl), you can close the high speed needle all the way while fueling, then open it the known number of turns prior to starting. A three line system eliminates this bother, but you need a tank that will allow it with two clunks.

Pilgrim