Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 100 valve timing

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Ole Buckshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Saito 100 valve timing

Thanks to all for the help on setting the timing. Just put new bearings in my Saito 125 and set the timing using the suggestions posted here. Put the engine back in my Venus II and it runs like new! Sounds great again!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Smashmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike early
After you think you have it right: you can install the cylinder without the piston and the valve springs will center the crank (by pressure on the cam). You can look into the rear cover opening and see the crank pin. It should be straight up at the center of the valve spring pressure, with both valves being open the same amount.
Mike posted this 8 years ago. I have put bearings in a lot of Saitos. (this is my second 100). But this one I just could not seem to get right going by the hole on the cam. One tooth seemed clockwise,and the other counterclockwise of TDC. I don't remember having any trouble on my other 100. At any rate,while i haven't started it yet. Using Mikes above method I am pretty confident I have it right. Thanks Mike I hope you are still flying.