Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

TT Pro and Perry Pump

Old 10-05-2002, 07:28 PM
Sparhawk

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TT Pro and Perry Pump

I have a need to add a Perry Pump to my TT46 Pro. Looking at the rear case, it seems to have very little clearance between the crankcase cover and the crank. Has anyone drilled and tapped in the center of the cover without any problems? I did not want to go in through the side between the mounting holes.
Comments?

Spar
Old 10-06-2002, 02:59 PM
Sparhawk

Default Check Valve? (read: tank draining)

OK, I put in the pressure fitting in the center of the back cover and it works just great.

The problem is since my fuel tank is sitting about 1 1/4" above the inverted 46 Pro' carb, it constantly siphons fuel out. I thought this pump was a "demand" pump. Do I now need a check valve installed to prevent it from draining my tank every time it is stopped?

It says that I can put the tank anywhere now, but this is not true if it is doing this when the tank is located above the carb.

PLease HELP!!!!!!
Spar
Old 10-06-2002, 07:27 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TT Pro and Perry Pump

Hi!
Tell us what plane you have ....Why the high tank position?

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden
Old 10-06-2002, 07:38 PM
Sparhawk

Default Model

The model is a scratch built Tutor jet, as flown by the Canadian Snowbirds. The tank sits over the CG and above the wing seating. The tank feed outlet is 1 1/4" above the carb, and is located 2' 2 1/2" forward of the engine (which is in an inverted pusher mode)

Hope this helps. But gravity is feeding the fuel without the pump when the plane is in normal attitude.

Spar