Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 133 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3649

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Everything Radial Engines

Has anyone bought the 14 cylinder radial from Authentic Scale Engines? http://www.authenticscale.com/index.html

I was interested but haven't heard from anyone who received one.

I see they are also coming out with gasoline versions including a 28 cylinder radial late in 2012.

Shawn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: outlaw21

I want to fly my engine butÂ*air planes that big are $$$ I don't think most people fly there engines they have to much time in to them
    There to heavy and not good performance ?
    Small radials have poor power/weight compared to twostrokes. They do offer majestic performance with incredible looks and sound compared to the ubiquitous chainsaw. There is nothing that Id rather fly anymore.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I purchased a Precision Scale R9 on evil-bay, does anyone out there have some time on one of these engines?
    My first radial.

cheers,
    Dan

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry, Authentic scale, 90cc R9 glow engine.

Dan

My club mate has let me borrow this 41cc 4 stroke gas radial for my winter project

He just built it off plan!! he is currently building a Napier Lion W12 - although not to scale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kh17545.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	1707525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw71142.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	1707526  
    www.staustelldmc.org.uk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow, that is a nice engine! What a great club mate!
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you borrow sugar.....so what is on the pictures your blackmailing him with?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now that's an interesting engine! Only 41cc and a gasser? Nice...

More information required please Where did your mate get the plans? Outside diameter?

What type of ingition, carby, fuel mix, bearings, prop size etc ... just a few minor details will do.

Regards, RossG
    radial1951

ORIGINAL: cymaz

My club mate has let me borrow this 41cc 4 stroke gas radial for my winter project

He just built it off plan!! he is currently building a Napier Lion W12 - although not to scale

I think he got it out of Strickly I.C. magazine when it was in print. I will see him later in the week and get more info then. It is 4 stroke spark, 10:1 petrol oil mix contact breaker ignition and rotor arm,props from 18x8,20x6. Let you know soon.
    www.staustelldmc.org.uk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I see Advantage Hobby appear to have the old Siedel(now UMS) radials in stock,inc. the petrol(gas) 260cc which includes the collector ring,The price is not bad at 3000USD. Pity I have already spent my money on a Saito325 and a Siedel/UMS 770! Just have to start saving up again,cheers,Mark.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow,I just checked Advantage's stock and the UMS260 and the 770 are out of stock again.never mind,maybe by the time the engine comes back into stock I might have the cash! So do any of you guys have a shiny new 260UMS?

if anyone is interested, hobby king is  stocked up on the asp 400 radial engine right now

My post 3269 on this thread show the 7 cyl gas radial 41cc that my mate has lent me to put to good use. However there seems to be a fuel starvation problem at 3/4 to WOT. The carb that is on it now is of unknow make with a venturi bore of 3/16" - thats about 1/4 of one cyl bore diameter.

What webro carb or similar might to the job better??
    www.staustelldmc.org.uk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Reading back through this forum reveals some big quality issues in the asp 400, have any of these been improved?? motor could be a major score at about 800 green backs

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My post 3269 on this thread show the 7 cyl gas radial 41cc that my mate has lent me to put to good use. However there seems to be a fuel starvation problem at 3/4 to WOT. The carb that is on it now is of unknow make with a venturi bore of 3/16" - thats about 1/4 of one cyl bore diameter.

What webro carb or similar might to the job better??
    The venturi size for that size engine (7-6cc cylinders) is about midrange to slightly high - depending upon the rpm you are trying to hit. Do you have a way to deliver the fuel under pressure to the carb? The actual venturi design can increase/decrease the vacuum available to pull the fuel from the tank as well. The smallest venturi I would recommend would be .140" (3.5mm) but I'm not sure the fuel draw will necessarily improve, and youmight draw down the power available.

Pete
    Pete Bergstrom
    Saito, Evolution & Zenoah Manager

and
    I would like to achieve 6500 with a 18x8 or 18x10 prop. There is no way I can add a pump. I have emailed Perry Pumps and
    they don't seem to do a suitable model.
    I have a Dubro 14oz installed and the head that sits approx 5" from the carb. The clunk being another 2" back.

I know some carbs have a diaphram in them- is that the pump on those??
    www.staustelldmc.org.uk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You might try moving the fuel tank as close as you can and see if that solves anything. As for pumps either the Perry VP-40SG or a Walbro style carb you are going to need to pick up either pressure or vacuum from somewhere to operate the pump. A radial engine has no internal crankcase pressure per se so that leaves you looking for a vacuum source, i.e. the intake tubes for the cylinders. On the EVOgas radials we pickup vaccum pressure to run the carb from two adjacent intake tubes (two are necessary - because of the cycle time for each cylinder the vacuum from only one tube is not sufficient). You can use a Y connector between the two intake tubes and a single line to the carb or pump.

As for suitable Walbro carbs the smallest venturi they have is about 8mm in diameter, which makes them really too large for your application. i would give the perry pump a try operated by the vacuum system described above.

BTW - an 18 x 10 at is probably about the max you will be able to achieve with that displacement.

Pete
    Pete Bergstrom
    Saito, Evolution & Zenoah Manager

Well my club mate has had problems with his engine. So rather than risk a plane with a sick engine I decided to buy one of THESE
    www.staustelldmc.org.uk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice! Where did you find one in stock?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's a good choice, nice looking engine. Are they actually available yet?
    Which engine gave your club mate problems? Is it a radial?

Regards
    radial1951
    _________

Well my club mate has had problems with his engine. So rather than risk a plane with a sick engine I decided to buy one of THESE

My clubmate built his own engine from plans he had years ago. The evolution 77cc radial I found in the UK but in the USA you might find THIS a possibility.

I got my engine for £884 of your finest English pounds.
    www.staustelldmc.org.uk

Does anyone know the best position of the glow wiring harness and how it should be secured around the back plate posts???
    www.staustelldmc.org.uk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi all,

Recently, I bought a Technopower 7 cylinder engine from ebay. I think it is a used engine and my knowledge on radial engine is zero. Therefore I have alot of doubts and hope the guru here can shed some lights. Thanks.
    My questions are :

1) The engine has punched number on the backplate as "7B 120". What is the engine capacity; 20 or 30 cc ?
    2) From what I had read, this seem to be an earlier verison of the technopower, is it really underpowered ? I'm thinking of fitting it on a BH Corsair 91, ESM Aichi or Great Plane PT-17 120 size, is this a good choice ?
    3) What is the recommended propeller for this engine?
    4) The engine came with a OS carb for I guess .20 or .25 size engine. Is it the original carb ?
    5) I don't see any pressure nip at the exhaust, do I need to buy a perry pump when flying the plane ?
    6) What is the recommended fuel for this engine ? 0% nitro ?

Cheers,

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig13788.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	1727829  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fullmoon_sg

Hi all,

Recently, I bought a Technopower 7 cylinder engine from ebay. I think it is a used engine and my knowledge on radial engine is zero. Therefore I have alot of doubts and the guru here can shed some lights. Thanks.
    My questions are :

1) The engine has punched number on the backplate as ''7B 120''. What is the engine capacity; 20 or 30 cc ?
    2) From what I had read, this seem to be an earlier verison of the technopower, is it really underpowered ? I'm thinking of fitting it on a BH Corsair 91, ESM Aichi or Great Plane PT-17 120 size, is this a good choice ?
    3) What is the recommended propeller for this engine?
    4) The engine came with a OS carb for I guess .20 or .25 size engine. Is it the original carb ?
    5) I don't see any pressure nip at the exhaust, do I need to buy a perry pump when flying the plane ?
    6) What is the recommended fuel for this engine ? 0% nitro ?

Cheers,

John
    1. Not sure but 7Cyl B type engine size 1.20
    2. Mine has the power of a .91
    3. I used a 14 X 6
    4. That most likely is the original carb.
    5. None needed there is a fair bit of vacuum from the 7 cylinders
    6. I used standard 10% castor synthetic blend. Not sure if that is what is recomended.

Do yourself a favor and ask these questions from Marc Linville at Technopower. The last contact info I have is, Marc Linville, TechnoPower Engines Info@TechnoPower.com

Dennis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the advice. I will write to Marc for more details.

I thinking if the engine output is similar to .91size or roughly 1.6bhp, then it look like the flying weight for the whole plane setup would have to keep within 4 kg to 5 kg. Or else it will a challenge to fly the plane.