Old 01-12-2018, 01:41 AM
partshunt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks guys, maybe I should try starting this Morton on glow. OR, just mix more heavy oil in the gas to improve compression.... I would just like to hear it run for a little bit. Thanks again. ..Joe
Old 01-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Rudolph Hart

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wishing you well will you video that?
Old 05-30-2018, 12:28 PM
clockguypete

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi guys, I am looking for an exhaust collector ring for the OS Fr5-300 radial. Any Ideas?
Old 06-02-2018, 02:08 AM
Radial power

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by clockguypete View Post
Hi guys, I am looking for an exhaust collector ring for the OS Fr5-300 radial. Any Ideas?
There was an OS genuine collector ring for that engine (OS part number 47069010), but I don't know where you could find one today. Ebay?
OS did also make a front ring for that engine (part number 47069000) in case you are interested, but again good luck finding one.

In addition to the OS part, Keleo Creations used to sell a (rear) collector ring for that engine. However a few months ago the Keleo brand (and the tools and jigs used to build the products, as far as I know) were passed on to CH Ignitions ( https://www.ch-ignitions.com/keleo-rings.html ), which currently lists just a few items.
A few months ago I contacted Adrian (the person who runs CH Ignitions) and asked about the other products that Keleo used to sell. He told me that he'd try to bring those back on sale, but he didn't know for sure whether he'd be able to do that.

Actually I'm not even 100% sure whether the items he's currently selling are "new old stock" he got from Keleo or whether they are new build items. I have a ring for a Saito 325 coming, so maybe I will know more in a few days (or weeks, depending on the Italian customs...).

The bottom line is: try contacting Adrian at CH ignitions and ask him. Maybe he's got all the jigs and templates he needs and he can build one for you. Or maybe not. Asking costs nothing...

Best regards,

Andrea
Old 06-02-2018, 03:09 AM
clockguypete

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Andrea, I am familiar with The Keleo muffler reboot by Adrian at CH Ignitions. He has produced around 500 brand new collector rings so far some of the most popular radials currently being sold on the market. He also has a prototype of a wrap around manifold exhaust for the Topflight giant scale P51 that was on display at Joe Nall last month. Plans are in the works to make those custom manifolds for several of the popular warbirds too! I thought I would test the waters to see if perhaps someone might have an original OS inner (rear) exhaust ring collecting dust somewhere. Adrian is doing his best to bring back the rest of the Keleo muffler designs for our vintage engines in the near future. I currently have five vintage OS & Saito twin engines, and an OS 5cylinder patiently waiting for those sweet sounding Keleo mufflers.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:44 AM
Radial power

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by clockguypete View Post
Thanks Andrea, I am familiar with The Keleo muffler reboot by Adrian at CH Ignitions. He has produced around 500 brand new collector rings so far some of the most popular radials currently being sold on the market. He also has a prototype of a wrap around manifold exhaust for the Topflight giant scale P51 that was on display at Joe Nall last month. Plans are in the works to make those custom manifolds for several of the popular warbirds too! I thought I would test the waters to see if perhaps someone might have an original OS inner (rear) exhaust ring collecting dust somewhere. Adrian is doing his best to bring back the rest of the Keleo muffler designs for our vintage engines in the near future. I currently have five vintage OS & Saito twin engines, and an OS 5cylinder patiently waiting for those sweet sounding Keleo mufflers.
Hi,

I mentioned Keleo/CH Ignitions since the original question didn't provide much information, and so I gave a generic reply.

By the way I realized that my comment about not being sure about new exhausts being manufactured by CH or selling new old stock may have sounded somewhat offensive, but that was definitely not my intention, so apologies to Adrian for that (in case he reads this).

I too have an OS FR5-300 (just bench run on the 5 individual exhaust stacks so far). That's one of the reasons I had emailed Adrian a few monthas ago. So I'm more or less in your same situation, except that I'm not in any urgent need for that ring, so I can just wait for now.

I also have a Saito FA-90TS that I have been flying regularly with a Keleo exhaust since 2009, but I already broke 2 exhausts on that engine due to metal fatigue caused by vibrations (first replacement in 2012, second in 2014). In the third exhaust Kelvin added a couple of lugs to help support the lower part of the exhaust and prevent fatigue cracks. That should definitely help, but knowing that one can get replacements if one needs to would be a good peace of mind.

Best regards,

Andrea

Last edited by Radial power; 06-03-2018 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:18 AM
SJN

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

https://www.clusterstore.top/os-engi...r5-p-9975.html
Old 06-03-2018, 04:25 AM
redball8
My Feedback: (128)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Clusterstore is a scam ...
Old 06-08-2018, 02:12 AM
TomH
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

believe it or not, I found one in stock at Tower. that was about a year ago, it wasn't advertised, I did a search on their site.
Old 06-08-2018, 04:47 AM
clockguypete

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The OS 7 cylinder collector ring pops up, but not the 5 cylinder. Maybe there is a way to search their site for discontinued items?
Old 06-08-2018, 05:02 AM
redball8
My Feedback: (128)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Or you could be old-fashioned and just give them a call ...
Old 06-08-2018, 05:15 AM
clockguypete

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by redball8 View Post
Or you could be old-fashioned and just give them a call ...
Great idea! Maybe my odds for success will increase if I dial them up on a rotary phone 😀