Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Os Max Fsr Abc

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 07:01 PM
Goldwing-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Os Max Fsr Abc

I own a OS MAX FSR ABC. It is several years old now and still has great power. I was hoping someone would know how to adjust the mixture screw (not the needle valve mixture) the one inside the throttle barrel. I have problems with the engine Killing when changing throttle settings, i understand this is the adjustment for that problem.

Thank you for your help.
Old 01-10-2002, 02:01 AM
dyerstown

Default Os Max Fsr Abc

Stop engine. Remove fuel tubing to carb., attach clean piece of fuel tubing to carb. Make sure high-speed needle is open at least 1-1/2 turns. Put carb. at high idle position. Gently close low speed needle valve completely. Blow into fuel tubing while slowly opening low speed needle. When you can just feel/hear air going through the tubing, you are at a good starting point for low speed adjustment. Remove tubing, replace with tubing from fuel tank. Start engine. Warm up, make sure it will go to wide open throttle. Idle for 15 seconds or more. Quickly increase throttle to wide open. If no hesitation—okay. If it stumbles and takes a second or more to come to wide open throttle, stop engine and lean (clockwise) low speed needle 1/8 turn. Start and try again. Repeat as necessary until no hesitation and it will idle slowly. You want your low speed setting to be as lean as possible, without quitting. You will not damage an engine by a too lean LOW SPEED adjustment—it just will stop. Good luck!
Old 01-13-2002, 06:29 AM
J_R

Default Os Max Fsr Abc

It depends on which carb it came equipped with. If it has the 7m there is a midrange adjustment. Set the needle valve, set the idle, then turn the essentric to adjust the midrange.

JR