Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Evolution engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 06:32 AM
TSuppa
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution engines

Does anuone have experience with the Evolution engines, specifically the 100. How does it compare to the OS 91 FX
Old 08-28-2005, 08:18 AM
William Robison

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engines

The Evo is less expensive, more powerful but not by much, and better quality being an ABC engine instead of ABN.

However, the blasted thing is butt ugly.

Bill.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:28 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pigs are not pretty but bacon and ham are sure good ( sorry Bill could not resist that ) martin
I think they are also test run at the factory before shipping? I do not think the O brand does
Old 08-28-2005, 08:37 AM
William Robison

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Martin:

I like bacon and eggs too, and my religion commands me to eat pork chops on Fridays.

The live pig? Kermit thinks Miss Piggy is pretty, who am I to contradict him?

Haw.

Bill.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:31 PM
j_s_poirier

I have a Evo 52NX that is baffeling me. I've owned it for almost a year. Has 15-18 flights on it. I had it in my GP Super Sportster 40 turning a 11x7 perfectly. During the last 4 flights, however. The engine is stalling after about 2-3 min of flight @ 60-70% throttle. I thought it was a fuel system problem and replaced all tubing, checked the tank for seal, and that didn't fix it. I removed the engine, disassembled it, cleaned it, and put it in a brand new edge 540T. New fuel system, new plane same problem. It hits peak rpm perfectly on the ground. I richen it until it drops approximately 400rpm. It transitions nicely up from idle and back.....as soon as it is airborne the clock starts ticking as to when it will stall. The last flight went 2:15 and now I have to repair my new edge 540. I am completely stumped. If anyone can help me before I throw it in the dumpster, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Ken6PPC

Evolution engines seem to prefer a hotter glow plug. I changed my trainer Evo from being as you described to rock-solid, just by using an OS A3 glow plug.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 PM
blw

A3 and retune. You should get more power and less of the crankcase loading up with unburned fuel that is causing it to die on you.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Jezmo

That's what we're doing to them at our field. A3 seems to cure it.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:39 PM
j_s_poirier

I appreciate the help on this. I'll definately give it a shot. Any idea why this is happening now and not 2, 4, 6, 8 months ago??

I have a Evo 52NX that is baffeling me. I've owned it for almost a year. Has 15-18 flights on it. I had it in my GP Super Sportster 40 turning a 11x7 perfectly. During the last 4 flights, however. The engine is stalling after about 2-3 min of flight @ 60-70% throttle. I thought it was a fuel system problem and replaced all tubing, checked the tank for seal, and that didn't fix it. I removed the engine, disassembled it, cleaned it, and put it in a brand new edge 540T. New fuel system, new plane same problem. It hits peak rpm perfectly on the ground. I richen it until it drops approximately 400rpm. It transitions nicely up from idle and back.....as soon as it is airborne the clock starts ticking as to when it will stall. The last flight went 2:15 and now I have to repair my new edge 540. I am completely stumped. If anyone can help me before I throw it in the dumpster, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:52 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Perhaps you were using your old plug and the element was starting to wear down?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
blw

You may have had the tuning set just right and now the temps have changed on you. Or, the engine is wearing in just right. Could be a number of things. The Evolution engines need a hotter plug like the A3.