Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1044 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 445449449941034104210431044104510461054 ... LastLast
Results 26,076 to 26,100 of 27117

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Very funny jim
    I filter my fuel when refueling but don't run an inline filter after i saw how much sand gets sucked into the carby when i taxi out to the strip on a sand surface covered with a thin layer of grass.I'm not gunna whimp out and carry it down there like some precious poodle.And besides,if i ran a stocking filter the engine would be way rich by takeoff time.Call me stubborn and stupid.

On a more serious note re v stacks as you call them..i always get a better ground and inflight tune with them,specially as regards throttle response and overall smoothness.Cheers boys.
    Watch out for the ground eh?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Very funny jim
    I filter my fuel when refueling but don't run an inline filter after i saw how much sand gets sucked into the carby when i taxi out to the strip on a sand surface covered with a thin layer of grass.I'm not gunna whimp out and carry it down there like some precious poodle.And besides,if i ran a stocking filter the engine would be way rich by takeoff time.Call me stubborn and stupid.

On a more serious note re v stacks as you call them..i always get a better ground and inflight tune with them,specially as regards throttle response and overall smoothness.Cheers boys.
    Oh, I thought you knew! I know where the rocks are.

OOPS! Airplane engines.

Your observation was a problem when I was forced (I guess invited is a better word ) to fly in high dust/sand environments. The solution I used was to take the handle of my drill press (ball shaped on a lever) and use it for the form of a piece of wire screen I then slide over the stack and IT holds the stocking in place with enough surface area to work well and tuning becomes fairly standardized. The stocking gets dirty in one area, but the air goes in elsewhere. If you are like me and too lazy to change the stockings, a light spray will knock most of the EXTERNAL dirt off. As for the throttle response issue that may be true but at what final cost....
    Jim Branaum AMA 1428
    Sig Brotherhood 30 Sig Kadet Brotherhood 99
    P-51 Brotherhood 53 P-38 Brotherhood 18 Club Saito 806
    Spitfire Brotherhood 204 P-40 Brotherhood 95

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Barry, Dan posted on another network that the 1.25's venturi is 8.8mm in diameter, the stock V-stack is 7.75mm ID. Per pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saito V-stack ID.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	1959007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saito V-stack ID #2.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	1959008  
    Last edited by Hobbsy; 01-18-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    Farmall 240 the final issue of the Farmall C, Super C, 200, 230 series.
    122 Cu. In. 22 hp. A small tractor that would do big work due to its 10x36 inch rear tires.

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sign me Up, Lots of Saito Power, Past and present. And I sold my 1979 SAITO .60 Ignition Engine along withthe display box Now I run Four Strokes and Electrics.

My 4 year old, slightly modified SIG Kadet Senior wita sweet running SAITO .72.

Thanks for looking,

Ken Kehlet AMA 1528

Name:	Image001.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	1959066  
    kbkopy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I've been hibernating for a while, and I'm sure it's been discussed already, but I just have to say how disappointed I am when I see how many Saito twin- and multi-cylinder glow engines have been discontinued at Horizon. I really wanted the 120R3, but now I'm outta luck I guess. I better start stocking up on parts for my 90TS before those are gone!
    #26 Club Saito (2) FA-62's, FA-90TS, FA-120R3
    -Glowhead Brotherhood #2 -

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Rv7garage View Post
    I've been hibernating for a while, and I'm sure it's been discussed already, but I just have to say how disappointed I am when I see how many Saito twin- and multi-cylinder glow engines have been discontinued at Horizon. I really wanted the 120R3, but now I'm outta luck I guess. I better start stocking up on parts for my 90TS before those are gone!
    Here you go.
    https://rcjapan.net/saito-engines-ra...lv36evvq596po6

$546.63, Probably cheaper than Horizon even after shipping.
    Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 01-18-2014 at 06:47 PM.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    best relaxing flying plane ever ~!
    Club Saito Member #1
    AMA# 542304

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sweet! Thanks. So IOW these engines aren't really discontinued, just no longer profitable for Horizon to distribute in the US. This is why I hate exclusive distributorships; it's really just a monopoly.

Edit: I went ahead and ordered it. Just over $600 shipped! Horizon wants $750 +tax because I live in Illinois, lol. Ummm, no
    Last edited by Rv7garage; 01-18-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Saito still lists the 120R3 as being produced, as well as the FA 220, FA 40A, and FA 30SH. The FA 56 is now a FA 56B. The 170R3 was replaced with the FA 200R3.
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Have you had a chance to run the 200r3 barry? they sound really really nice specially at the lower rpms.

Jim that is a really good idea re putting the stocking over? the mesh ball you stick on the v stack?

Ken i really like the red covering over the ribs always looks good and it's why i bought the pheonix rainbow and diced the electric motor mount so i could fit my saito 30,a good match.

Hello sig man good to see you are still alive and kicking.And now for my weekly joke..nah just kidding.Flew the 182 twin today and it always drops performance when it is this hot but it never seems as bad as running a small block under the same conditions.Mainly because i tend to overpower things..people too sometimes..
    Watch out for the ground eh?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yes, that is correct. I put the stocking over the mesh ball I put on the stack. Started doing that years ago when I noticed the inside of the stack was brown with dirt I was sucking into an engine that I no longer have.
    Jim Branaum AMA 1428
    Sig Brotherhood 30 Sig Kadet Brotherhood 99
    P-51 Brotherhood 53 P-38 Brotherhood 18 Club Saito 806
    Spitfire Brotherhood 204 P-40 Brotherhood 95

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I am blow away with the economy of these engines. I have quite a few glow 2 strokes of all sizes but this Saito .62 is just so miserly on fuel it's almost unbelievable! At break in settings it would empty the tank in 8:30 seconds but now that it's properly tuned and broken in I figure that I could fly for around 29 minuets if I wanted too. Setting timer for 20:00 so this leaves me plenty of time to get down and not worry about missed approaches and waive offs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    1320 down the asphalt isle, from a song.

The old FA .40, .45S. the .50, .56 and .62 are all real sweethearts. Sadly I had to sell this one but I keep the picture.

Name:	Saito 45MKII 001 (Small).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	1959876  
    122 Cu. In. 22 hp. A small tractor that would do big work due to its 10x36 inch rear tires.

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by 1320Fastback View Post
    I am blow away with the economy of these engines. I have quite a few glow 2 strokes of all sizes but this Saito .62 is just so miserly on fuel it's almost unbelievable! At break in settings it would empty the tank in 8:30 seconds but now that it's properly tuned and broken in I figure that I could fly for around 29 minuets if I wanted too. Setting timer for 20:00 so this leaves me plenty of time to get down and not worry about missed approaches and waive offs.
    2-strokes blow about 30% of the fuel unburned out of the exhaust.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Dan, I ve seen that figure quoted at 40% also, I know that my Fitzpatrick is timed for about 17,000 rpm, when I converted it to Diesel and loaded it down with a 14x6 it actually makes a cloud over the carb and will soak a paper towel very quickly.

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    1320F, here is an interesting picture, an old FA .40 and .62 side by side, they are virtually the same size.

Name:	Saito FA .40 and FA .62.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	1959893  

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Venturis and intake stacks are a good way to improve fuel economy. Any diesel conversions (to 2 strokes) that I do for Texaco events have an intake stack topped by an OS 1A carby. Stop go racing engines always have a bell mouth venturi on top of th intake. Once I get settled in my new workshop I intend to complete an outstanding project which is constructing an intake venturi for the 65 Saito for Texaco events. From what I have read and seen it should be a worthwhile project
    Club Saito member 710

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Hello guys !!

I got a Saito 1.20 in my Hellcat that is locked (Wont Spin) from lack of use on the last 2 to 3 years. I gues Glow Gass residue has dried up inside the Cylinder.

Can anyone give me some advise on how to reactivate this engine and get it back running..??
    Phantom Pty
    Spitfire Brotherhood #197

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Soak it in fuel. Seriously. Take the glow plug out, remove the carb if you can, and submerge that sucker for 24 hrs. Should free it right up

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I find squirting glow fuel in the cylinder and letting it sit a bit usually helps unstick the motor. You can shoot some into the crankcase too through the breather vent, then roll the motor around in your hands to distribute it around into the bearings and under the piston. If it is just a stuck engine from glow residue it should free up and start spinning after it sits a bit.
    SIG Brotherhood # 3
    Mustang Brotherhood # 6
    Corsair Brotherhood # 86
    Kadet Brotherhood # 24
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/B-17e-...18159428244374

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    OK Noted guys. Some of my club friends have suggest me to use WD40 and submerge it . sounds right to me to use Fuel better though,
    I will Unmount tonight and soak in Fuel for at least 24 hours and see how it goes. I have concerns on the valves being stuck also but We will see how it works.

Any other suggestions are welcome..
    Phantom Pty

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Sometimes, a little fuel down the plug hole will free an engine in a few minutes.
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Yes Hobbsy I went with the 62 over the 56 as it weighs only 10 grams more and has the same lower end size. The manual for my old cub recommended the 56 so I figured.... Biggers better

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Phantom, just a quick note on WD40... it's a solvent and would attack any rubber seals. I learned that the hard way on some electrical connectors.

Just my $.02

Bob
    Club Saito #61 Cub Brotherhood #107
    Spitfire Brotherhood #143
    Kadet Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks for the Info Bob. !!! I will Use Glow Fuel to secure best Results. Will keep you posted on results.!!
    Phantom Pty