Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 872 of 1102 FirstFirst ... 372772822862870871872873874882922972 ... LastLast
Results 21,776 to 21,800 of 27549

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

C'mon you guys it's the nitro that puts the bark in the dog,hang the extra fuel costtomorrow may never come
    Watch out for the ground eh?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recently purchased a Saito 220 NIB and it has a problem. I'm not new to Saitos but have never experienced this particular problem and need some advice. The problem is when I move the throttle past 1/2 it backfires and throws the prop assembly. NV setting is according to the instructions for break-in and it idles fine and runs up to half throttle with no problem.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Old Fart

C'mon you guys it's the nitro that puts the bark in the dog,hang the extra fuel costtomorrow may never come
    So true......................if you don't spend it your kids will after we're gone.

Last week i ran in my SAITO 125A the one that seized up on me last fall. Got it back from Horizon......it is installed on a TF Sea Fury. With a 3-Blade Graupner it tached around 7000-7200 rpms. It still needs more running in. The high speed needle is 3 full turns out. The idle speed needle has not been touched yet, but it sitting 1mm below from flush. The weather turned cold again, so it will be a while for the next run.
    Total weight of the Sea Fury (empty) is between 13-14 lbs. I'm wondering if at those rpms/prop combination if it will be able to take off. What is the formula if there's any ? This prop generates more torque. Any comments from the warbirds guys ?
    WACO Brotherhood # 87
    Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood # 61
    SAITO MEMBER # 406

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: KenD

What's the chance of seeing some pics of your 150 with the ignition pickup installed?
    Thanks
    Pretty good actually.

In fact, I have PIX of installing the hall sensor & trigger ring. (this is an old C&H unit that I ran back in '97-'98) I also got shots of my homemade pointer as well as the 3 steps involved in finding TDC.

I'll have to get them downloaded to Photobucket this evening & then I can post them.

Just converting to EI increaed RPM by 4% & decreased fuel consumption by 19% when using the same 15% Cool Power. This was W/an 18X8 prop that was a bit of overload for static. I did a consupsion test way back W/a 16X8 prop & the fuel consumption dropped dramatically more.

C&H is no longer in business, but ST Engines makes a conversion based on the same type of easy adjust trigger ring & cam housing mounted hall sensor. Their unit is engineered much better than the old C&H, but it is just as user friendly.

Here is a clip that shows the complete gas conversion. It shows the ease of the ingnition conversion that is a much better set up for adjusting the ignition timeing than the Saito OEM system. The Saito system relys on accurate placement of the trigger magnet in the prop hub & making fine adjusments via the hall sensor. the C&H as well as ST Engines system allows infinite adjustment of the trigger ring.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_IBYmQA-pM[/youtube]
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, I have the complete conversion setup, just wondered how the pickup assembly was installed because of the splines near the prop hub. BTW CH ignitions are alive and well and being producted by a different person.
    KenD
    Club Saito Member #773
    AMA 64943
    IMAA 23743
    VRCS 550

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Where would you buy this conversion kit shown in the video? How much $$$? Is that with a Walbro pumper carb that can run gasoline?
    THANKS.
    Content, but not Complacent.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Garthwood

So true......................if you don't spend it your kids will after we're gone.

Last week i ran in my SAITO 125A the one that seized up on me last fall. Got it back from Horizon......it is installed on a TF Sea Fury. With a 3-Blade Graupner it tached around 7000-7200 rpms. It still needs more running in. The high speed needle is 3 full turns out. The idle speed needle has not been touched yet, but it sitting 1mm below from flush. The weather turned cold again, so it will be a while for the next run.
    Total weight of the Sea Fury (empty) is between 13-14 lbs. I'm wondering if at those rpms/prop combination if it will be able to take off. What is the formula if there's any ? This prop generates more torque. Any comments from the warbirds guys ?
    I have a Great Planes Giant Stick with a Saito 1.8 that weighs 14 lbs. I wish I had more power or that the plane weighed less.
    Content, but not Complacent.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

flycatch, it's going lean for some reason, could be dangerous until you figure it out, wear your safety equipment. As soon as a 4-stroke goes lean the combustion timing advances radically and..... BAM. Souds like fuel flow is restricted somewhat, air leak at intake O-ring, or whatever. Richen the needles up drastically and see if it still does it. Good luck, keep us posted.

Ernie Misner

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Garthwood

You have that 125 loaded up with the Graupner. You should be up around the low 9K's. At that weight the airplane will fly but may be sluggish. Unload it and let it work. Follow the normal tuning process with a different prop.

Jim
    RC Specialties, LLC, Four Stroke Mufflers and 90 Degree Exhaust Adapters

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dear all,
    I'm not a club member, but I would love be...

I have a question.
    Is there any bad if I mount the exaust pipe pointing up like showed on the picture?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They run fine that way
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sp45530.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	1743668  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think it looks neat with the smoke coming out the top of the engine as the airplane flies along.

The engine does not care.

However, from a theory point of view, if the engine is flooded at starting, there is no way for the fuel to get out.
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

is that plane upside down?
    Saito Club Member #578
    P-40 Brotherhood #62

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Some teflon tape on all the exhaust threads might keep her a little cleaner. I like a percentage of castor too.......

Ernie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Castor oil in gas (Petrol) OR is it nitro?? Is that an ignition sensor mount near the prop driver...? Where's the carby?

Regards, Ross
    radial1951

ORIGINAL: Ernie Misner

Some teflon tape on all the exhaust threads might keep her a little cleaner. I like a percentage of castor too.......

Ernie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RC Specialties

Garthwood

You have that 125 loaded up with the Graupner. You should be up around the low 9K's. At that weight the airplane will fly but may be sluggish. Unload it and let it work. Follow the normal tuning process with a different prop.

Jim
    Jim......thank you. I know that the 3-blade prop is loading up. What you are saying is that first I should make the normal running in procedure with a 2-blade prop like a 16x8 . After that I can install back the 3-blade prop ?
    With a 3-blade prop I was expecting only around 8000 rpms.
    WACO Brotherhood # 87
    SAITO MEMBER # 406

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oops, it does look like a gasser, so probably no castor, sorry, ..... still might be leaking a bit at those joints.

Ernie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gartwood,

You want to avoid loading up an engine too much in any case. Use a three blade that will keep your engine in a proper rpm range. I believe the one you have is too much prop for that engine, given the rpm you stated.

Jim
    RC Specialties, LLC, Four Stroke Mufflers and 90 Degree Exhaust Adapters

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RC Specialties

Gartwood,

You want to avoid loading up an engine too much in any case. Use a three blade that will keep your engine in a proper rpm range. I believe the one you have is too much prop for that engine, given the rpm you stated.

Jim
    JIM..............Thanks. I'll probably switch to a 16x8 2-blade.
    WACO Brotherhood # 87
    SAITO MEMBER # 406

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ernie it looks from the pic that it runs very hot around the exhaust header area,is this normal for a gas saito? how much hotter do they run compared to a nitro saito?
    Watch out for the ground eh?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ernie it looks from the pic that it runs very hot around the exhaust header area,is this normal for a gas saito? how much hotter do they run compared to a nitro saito?
    I think gas does run hotter, but I think maybe that gunk around and on the muffler may be from before the glow to gas conversion? I would like to know as I am thinking to convert my FA 180 to gas or maybe to glow with spark ignition to improve fuel economy.

Sincerely, Richard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good question guys, maybe the owner of that gasser will chime in. We do know that gas can run a lot hotter without the cooling effect of all that alcohol going through. You get an equal amount of oxygen but the alcohol mixes at a ratio of approx.? 8 to one instead of 14 to 1 with gas. You can feel the cooling action of alcohol when it evaporates from your hand plus there's that much more going through the pipe line.

Ernie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Everyone,
    I have a .65 Satio Golden Knight four stroke. I put it on a H9 piper pawnee 40. It was very doggy. I love this engine! I want
    to find a model for this engine. I was thinking of a Sig Astro Hog, would this be a good fit for this great engine.

Thanks for any input
    \'\'\'\'But who\'\'s going to fly it kid, you?\'\'\'\' Han Solo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any of the 1/5 scale Cubs are a great match. Hangar 9, Great Planes, SIG...
    ...and then the unthinkable happened!