Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 922 of 1126 FirstFirst ... 4228228729129209219229239249329721022 ... LastLast
Results 23,026 to 23,050 of 28130

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Hello BobV,

I just replaced mine in my 82 for the same reason (rough in the rear, might as well replace the front one too). There was nothing out of the ordinary if you had already replaced bearings before.

I had to get the case quite warm to get the old bearing out and to pop the new bearing in. I polished the crankshaft on a buffing wheel to remove the crud where the bearing sits... that way, the new bearing was able to slide on. I put the bearing on the crankshaft and used that assembly to install the new bearings. IT seemed to make it go easier. I had to heat up the case pretty warm once again to get the rear bearing in but it helps to have it mounted on the crank so that you can more easily center it into the crankcase. It's easier to see that way. I popped the front bearing in after the rear was seated and while the case was still warm.

I bought my bearings from a local bearing supplier because I had trouble finding them in stock on line. I don't think I saved anything but for a day or two of delivery time. If you can find it on line, I think that you'll be better off because my local dealer got me a sealed bearing instead of a shielded one,. which was the one that Saito supplied.

Hope that this helps - just my $.02

Bob
    Club Saito #61 Cub Brotherhood #107
    Spitfire Brotherhood #143
    Kadet Brotherhood #3

RE: [Deleted]

Was that a Seagull ARTF. If so my mate is playing with one with a 20 petrol engine in same. What size prop are you using??
    Club Saito member 710

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yikes... I just noticed that this thread is one week away from being 7 years old... Gawd, think about all the friends that we've made over the years... Maybe we should plane a get-together at Christmas??

Hobbsy, I don't know if it's anything to you or not, but I still get notifications when a new post comes in. When I click on it a screen opens and I get the message "Waiting for a response from www.rcuniverse.com". I don't know if that helps you out or not??? And it comes in as Re:[Deleted] still...

Bob
    Kadet Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bob, try unsubscribing to the Saito Thread for a half hour or so and then resubscribe. Let me know what happens, I don't subscribe to threads because getting all those notices is a nusance, I just come here automatically anyway. I have this thread as part of My Fora and My Fora is in my Favorites list. Thanks, Dave
    Case 570 Diesel, 188.4 Cu. In. HP==36 @ 1,900 RPM, CR 17.5 to 1. Bore==3.8125, Stroke==4.125

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

I recently bought a used FA-91 that I will rebuild and noticed the exhaust threads look worn. When I screw in a manifold it seems to hold well but I fear if I tighten it it could pop out. Has anyone done a helicoil repair on an exhaust manifold or know of someone who can do one?
    No matter how many times I cut it, it's still too short!

Ultrasport Brotherhood #45, P-51 Brotherhood #34, P-40 Brotherhood #35, Saito Club member #799, Spitfire Brotherhood #173, Glow head #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Old Fart

Sorry rev i assumed it was a close thing and offset on the engine was your problem.Can you post a pic? and is it the A8 type or the later D9?
    HI,

its an A8. Cowl Diameter is 235mm, the Saito is 250mm.

Its either the FS-400AR (where I am not quite sure because of reliability and power) or the Saito. I would really like to use the Saito though.

will try to post a picture tonight.

Rev

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do you mean the mew gull?
    Watch out for the ground eh?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Reverend

ORIGINAL: Old Fart

Sorry rev i assumed it was a close thing and offset on the engine was your problem.Can you post a pic? and is it the A8 type or the later D9?
    HI,

its an A8. Cowl Diameter is 235mm, the Saito is 250mm.

Its either the FS-400AR (where I am not quite sure because of reliability and power) or the Saito. I would really like to use the Saito though.

will try to post a picture tonight.

Rev

There's also the OS 7-420 radial. It has a diameter of 230mm.

http://www.os-engines.co.jp/english/...win/sunpoh.htm

At $3600, the "street price" is over 2X that of the Saito 450 R3 & over 4X that of the ASP FS400R5.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This thread is 7 yrs old, 904 pages long and has almost 23000 entries. No wonder it gets sluggish sometimes
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lop, I am workjing on that as we speak, I'm going through turning the really large PhotoBucket images into Thumb Nails that can be enlarged simply by placing an arrow over them. Another thing that would help is not Multi Quoting posts several times.
    Case 570 Diesel, 188.4 Cu. In. HP==36 @ 1,900 RPM, CR 17.5 to 1. Bore==3.8125, Stroke==4.125

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

Yes, I assume that is what you have that big Saito in, yes or no??
    Have you seen any one flying the Austar Swodfish over your way. I gather there is one flying in the west. We have one flying sort of here on the east coast (at Calvert Field) and the initial constructors have done just about everything wrong that can be done to it. Re inventing the wheel when the build blog solved every problem that arose.
    What has that to do with Saitos, well I have said kit and am going to follow the poms and use a FG36 instead of the 55 gas engines (aka lead bricks) that most people are using elsewhere. So before I embark on the kit assembly I was wondering what experience others have had with the engine in this sort of application
    Club Saito member 710

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, I'm trying to bind an orange receiver to a spectrum Dx7 with the spectrum lil bind plug. It would not blink or bind.[X(]
    What am I doing wrong? Someone helpppppppp
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Hobbsy,

I just tried... I gave it a good 90 minutes but I was still unable to connect from the email links. I still have to go to RCUniverse and then find Club Saito. I still come in from Post #1. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks for your efforts... I hope that we're able to solve this.

Bob
    Kadet Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2-82's, 1-91, 1-100

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I chose not to get the emails but, Ihave to start with post #1 each time. Ihavent' complained because it's just an extras mouse click or two. It would be nice to be able to go directly to the last post or at least the last page.

RJ
    Rowdyjoe
    Saito 783
    (FA-80, FA-80GK, FA-91S)
    IMAC
    SPA
    AMA
    Ft. Worth Thunderbirds

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ubsuscribed for 15 hour then re subscribed. Stil does not work. Only have trouble with this thread.

Ken
    \"As for Me and My House, We Will Serve the Lord\"
    Club Saito Member 775
    Club K&B Sportster
    Sig Kadet Brotherhood 15

Yes, well I am also having problems with this blog, I get the message saying there is a new post ,but clicking on the link, as I have been doing for 4yrs, nothing happens, [] I seached the forum site and eventualy I have got to here...................any help???
    Barry
    everyday you wake up is a good day

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Until this is resolved, go to the little arrow on the right of Welcome to Club Saito in, "My Forums" that little arrow takes you straight to the last post.

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been having problems also. . .been a week since I was able to read Saito post's. I beleive some post got deleted, then about half my email notifications came as "deleted" & half still show "Club Saito". Then about a week later I couldn"t gain entry at all . . . . until RCU home page showed it on "most popular threads". I'm going to add pg1 to my "favorites" & hope to keep access 'til somthin's fixed.

Glad to be back with ya

T-man49 in Al
    Club Saito #723

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

While mine shows up as [DELETED] on the Glow engines menu, once I go to the Glow Engines page, Welcome to Club Saito appears normally W/all the page options.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys dont complaint to much, this is probably the longest, oldest thread in RCU. If we keep complaining they will close it and start a new one
    Keep your wings level
    Club Saito Member #693

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The [Deleted] bug is an old one for sure. It's not showing up on any of my screens, but I've seen it before and know what you are talking about.
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So now that I no longer own any Saito's or for that matter ANY glow engines (sold my last ones off last week thank goodness and am now totally gas/electric)
    who do I turn my membership in to??

I did want to thank the moderators of this thread one more time before I do check out though.
    You guys have been a huge help and source of knowledge. A real credit to the hobby.

Thank you!

Club Saito member # 610 signing out ****
    Once you go Yak, you never go back......
    EX Club Saito member # 610

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aw come on Sod, if we'd been all that you'd have hung onto a Saito or two, maybe you can pick up a gas Saito. Thanks, Dave[8D]

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Barry, I reported it in the Moderator Forum, maybe Ken can fix it.

Club Saito member #5