Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blw
Who said it's over?
Thats the spirit !
Old 06-16-2015, 02:48 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
Fact still remains that they lost. They need to get over it.
Originally Posted by blw
Who said it's over?
See what I mean?
Old 06-16-2015, 04:51 AM
Rudolph Hart

Originally Posted by spaceworm
If you start hearing banjos, best run fast and try to hide.
Ahh,so that"s what castor oil is for.We got any good banjo players here?

Dave that spinner and prop combo looks awesome man,show us some pics when they are mounted please.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:15 AM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by the pope
Im sorry but a turd is still a turd even if its got sweetcorn init !
I had a Datsun B-110, AKA Datsun 1200, that turned the clock over so many time I lost track. The car you abhor so much was sold as the B-210 here in the states. They were all over the place in west TX. The engines in those cars had forged steel cranks. You could put std bearings in them on a rebuild after several 100K miles. Now the bodies were made of old beer cans but that's another story. I looved my Datsuns.

How about a hybrid Porsche winning at Le Mans?

CR
Old 06-16-2015, 06:56 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Pope- the last clip was nice. My kind of driving. It isn't fun unless you feel the 'rag doll' effect and get tossed around. I grew up around Formula 1 fanatics and my dad made Indy every year. He was a few seats down from the big one on the first lap at Indy way back when. That's when the tires came over the fence and killed some spectators. After the Michelin debacle at Indy about 10 years ago I still call it Formula None and don't follow it.

The B-210? I had one of those around 1979. Had a custom dash and bucket seats from somewhere done by the previous owner. It really needed a 5th gear but mine got about 40 mpg, sometimes more. That was a neat little car for being a daily go to work beater. It rode a little rough on trips. Didn't Toyota make a lookalike model about the same time as the B-210?
Old 06-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Pecanpatch

I thought I would share my latest Saito Experience.... I wanted a Nitro FPV plane and after 3 tries I settled on this ugly bird for my mount. Nobody can tell me what it is. Looks kinda like a Cessna Bird Dog........ But I afectionately named it "Turd Dog"
The NIB Saito .56 pulls it great...... cruises about 50 mph, way faster than my other FPV planes.
I did a 18 minute flight on a 16 ounce tank and still had 7 ounces of reserve fuel!
This was shot at a event held at my personal Airstrip .... I hope you guys like it.
https://youtu.be/Owad7vA9LVI
Old 06-16-2015, 08:19 AM
the pope

Originally Posted by Charley
I had a Datsun B-110, AKA Datsun 1200, that turned the clock over so many time I lost track. The car you abhor so much was sold as the B-210 here in the states. They were all over the place in west TX. The engines in those cars had forged steel cranks. You could put std bearings in them on a rebuild after several 100K miles. Now the bodies were made of old beer cans but that's another story. I looved my Datsuns.

How about a hybrid Porsche winning at Le Mans?

CR
Hi there Charley , Its not that I abhor them its just that I hate them ! Just joking , not every one can afford a F1 ! I dont have a issue with any form of motor sport just like various forms of aero modeling its just that I have a soft spot for stuff thats really high tech. including the hybrids . What I really dont jive on is when they slow the cars down so much that there not that much quicker ( relative term ) than the lower formula . I know you cant go quicker and quicker each year but when there 10 seconds a lap slower than the previous year I dont like that but drivers shouldnt be getting killed every year either in the name of sport . Not too many sports out there that you may not come home from either , maybe bull fighting is the only other one that I can think of if u call that a sport . Cheers the pope
Old 06-16-2015, 08:30 AM
the pope

Originally Posted by blw
Hey Pope- the last clip was nice. My kind of driving. It isn't fun unless you feel the 'rag doll' effect and get tossed around. I grew up around Formula 1 fanatics and my dad made Indy every year. He was a few seats down from the big one on the first lap at Indy way back when. That's when the tires came over the fence and killed some spectators. After the Michelin debacle at Indy about 10 years ago I still call it Formula None and don't follow it.

The B-210? I had one of those around 1979. Had a custom dash and bucket seats from somewhere done by the previous owner. It really needed a 5th gear but mine got about 40 mpg, sometimes more. That was a neat little car for being a daily go to work beater. It rode a little rough on trips. Didn't Toyota make a lookalike model about the same time as the B-210?
Howdy there BLW ,That debacle at indy with the F1 was very embarrassing and Im surprised they've made it back to the states after that . I wouldnt been happy if I bought a ticket The texas track is pretty awesome too . I would luv to get to the indy cars one year also , looks like a awesome spectacle . Those crashes this year shows the drivers have very big ones and I dont mean their wallets either . We used to go to the F1 when they were in Adelaide and it was surprising the best sounding cars were the biggest heap of crap on the track . Ive only missed about 6 F1 races on TV in about 30years until this year when fox and free to air have screwed the pooch . Im still mad as hell over that . Cheers the pope
Old 06-16-2015, 08:36 AM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by Pecanpatch
I thought I would share my latest Saito Experience.... I wanted a Nitro FPV plane and after 3 tries I settled on this ugly bird for my mount. Nobody can tell me what it is. Looks kinda like a Cessna Bird Dog........ But I afectionately named it "Turd Dog"
The NIB Saito .56 pulls it great...... cruises about 50 mph, way faster than my other FPV planes.
I did a 18 minute flight on a 16 ounce tank and still had 7 ounces of reserve fuel!
This was shot at a event held at my personal Airstrip .... I hope you guys like it.
https://youtu.be/Owad7vA9LVI
Love the imaginative dog excrement badging.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 06-16-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:43 AM
kochj

An FA-450R3 set up like that should make considerably more power than the 14% larger displacement "gasser" if tuned properly.

Comparing the results if a CDI/glow fuel FA-150 to an FG-30 gas engine can be used for comparison, the CDI/glow fuel version of the FA-450R3 should make about 10-12% more power than the slightly larger gas engine.

Fuel economy will be helped tremendously by the CDI conversion compared to GI.

As far as the mods I am doing?

Since the top end was totally trash on the FA-450R3 at I bought on the net, I am swapping FA-180 jugs W/FG-84R pistons to achieve the same displacement of 5.12 cu in or 84cc. The case deck will bill milled by 1mm to raise the CR to about 13:1. The pushrods will also be shortened a like amount. Ray will be doing that work in addition to the induction mod.

I have already modified my backplate for the larger 14mm gland nut of the FA-130-180 single cylinder engines to allow experimentation W/11mm, 12mm & the stock 19mm FA-450R3 carburetors.

I expect the power output to be as much as 40% higher than the Ray English FG-84R3. Considering the already substantial 7.75 HP output of the Ray English FG-84R3,the high compression nitro/methanol version W/Ray's mod should be staggering, perhaps exceeding 9 HP.

Did you ever complete this MOD????

I had been wondering... And how it worked.....

I had just ran a NEW 450R3 on some 15% syn/castor mix... and ran it....
Ran great until the tank was empty, and I ran the engine until it ERRK.... THE MOTOR LOCKED UP!...

I made sure that there was PLENTY of fuel flying out the engine, and smoke. I had a tronic glow light, and kelo ring...
I opened up CYL #1 (top cyl) thinking I sized it but NOPE PERFECT....
I didn't take pictures, as My IPHONE somehow got moisture under the plastic??? Anyway.... there was PLENTY OF OIL.... AND PLENTY of the thick BLACK GOO that the factory puts on the rods ect... spun all over inside the case
Obviously it started on the crank.... well IT SIEZED up... VERY TIGHT after it cooled...

I worked the main crank/rod apart, and found a small area that had what looked like it had grit or a piece of aluminum that got inbetween the crank and heated up and ground in...
it was only a VERY small area that was rubbed.... it was about the size of 2 credit card thickness.
It wasn't were the oil holes were drilled out (so it wasn't do to a piece of scrap from being drilled and left....Anyhow.... anyone else experice this?? I realize Pictures would have been the BOMB.... but I didn't take them
Why is there a PLASTIC/white looking cap on the end of the crank?? it looks like it stops the oil from getting in the back of the journal/junction between the main piston arm and crank shaft journal??

ENGINE is ALL back together and ready to run... I just sanded with fine grit sand paper and made it nice and smooth, oiled and ready to go...

Any thoughts???

Last edited by kochj; 06-16-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:47 AM
kochj

FYI
I made sure I sanded lightly the area that was damaged on the inside of the main rod. careful not to make it loose fitting.
I can see why O.S. placed brass on there con rods on the 1.60 twin and others multi cyl. engines.... makes good sence.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:49 AM
kochj

I don't see a 450R3 listed on your "club saito list" so perhaps it was a bust??
Old 06-16-2015, 08:53 AM
kochj

FYI
I made sure I sanded lightly ONLY the area that was damaged on the inside of the main rod. careful not to make it loose fitting, although I know I wasn' perfect.... and did sand some of the WHOLE jurnal
I can see why O.S. placed brass on there con rods on the 1.60 twin and others multi cyl. engines.... makes good sence.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Pecanpatch

Did anyone "Get" the registration numbers/letters on the side?
Old 06-16-2015, 09:28 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by blw
Who said it's over?
General Robert E. Lee Commander C.S.A. April 9th, 1865 at Appomattox, Virginia.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:41 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
General Robert E. Lee Commander C.S.A. April 9th, 1865 at Appomattox, Virginia.
Since your from Alabama blw I'll add Lt. General Richard Taylor commander of the Confederate Army of Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana who said it was over when he surrender his army on May 4th, 1865 at Citronelle, Alabama.

On May 5th, 1865 the government of the Confederate States was declared dissolved at Jefferson Davis' last meeting with his cabinet in Macon, Georgia. So you could say the civilian government agreed with General Lee and General Taylor.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:22 AM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default saito 91 parts needed

any got a cam, cam cover, push rods, a set of lifters, 2 gasket sets, the Teflon pads for the wrist pin, 2 bolt sets, a cylinder and a set of valves for a saito 91?
I love engines and have been tinkering for the past 16 years and turn 26 in July.

Last edited by I-fly-any-and-all; 06-16-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:00 PM
FNQFLYER

Pope, if you REALLY want motoring excitement go for a ride through a forest (more trees the better) in a rally car driven by some one who knows what he is doing. Now old fart, my YS's are giving me a severe case of diarrhea, and the need to down size my competition models to fit into cars to travel to competitions has forced me to look at new models (variants) for both Duration and Texaco with a resultant in downsizing in model engine capacity. First engine up for consideration is the Saito 62, followed by the 56 and shock horror the 30. According to the factory it (30) will turn "up to" 12,000rpm on props from 9x6 to 10x6. This is on 15% nitro (I think) and castor (ughh) or synthetic or a mix of both. Any way I have found a possible new 66 inch duration model (Klarich short kit) so now I have to do the numbers. The test stand is going to get a work over if the fog ever clears today. Any way catch ya.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:58 AM
yellowbird911

Kochj,

I have a buddy that had the exact same thing happen to his 450. It ran for a short time then the main rod locked to the crank. I took the motor apart and found about the same thing you found. It was a few years ago so not sure exactly where the plastic plug was but do remember one. Polished the crank pin and inside main rod lightly, motor has had many flights since then with out any further problem. Hope yours does the same.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:07 AM
Rudolph Hart

Originally Posted by FNQFLYER
Pope, if you REALLY want motoring excitement go for a ride through a forest (more trees the better) in a rally car driven by some one who knows what he is doing. Now old fart, my YS's are giving me a severe case of diarrhea, and the need to down size my competition models to fit into cars to travel to competitions has forced me to look at new models (variants) for both Duration and Texaco with a resultant in downsizing in model engine capacity. First engine up for consideration is the Saito 62, followed by the 56 and shock horror the 30. According to the factory it (30) will turn "up to" 12,000rpm on props from 9x6 to 10x6. This is on 15% nitro (I think) and castor (ughh) or synthetic or a mix of both. Any way I have found a possible new 66 inch duration model (Klarich short kit) so now I have to do the numbers. The test stand is going to get a work over if the fog ever clears today. Any way catch ya.
Trev i can't remember how much nitro i ran in the 30 back then but it will rip a mas 10x6 q tip easy.Just reading my new 82 manual.Way different to all the previous different one's.I reckon they hire someone who speaks americanese to translate manuals once a year but then the japs sit around in a huddle and change it back so it makes sense to them too.The 82b is a lot different to my earlier two 82's.

ps if it were possible to sit on your God's right hand in motorsport ayerton senna was.

pps charley everyone knows datsun(datto here in aus)1200 ute's are way cool
Old 06-17-2015, 05:10 AM
Rudolph Hart

Dave the new saito manual recommends apc props specifically,how can this be
Old 06-17-2015, 12:37 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

If that's true I'll have to abandon Saito in favor of OS, Laser or Enya. I already got one OS, a .56 Alpha.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	OS .56.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	2103602  
Old 06-17-2015, 02:33 PM
FNQFLYER

Old Fart, I remember an interview with Schumacher where he told the interviewer that he knew before an accident that it was going to happen (on the track) and then he talked the interviewer through some of his accidents that were selected randomly by said interviewer, uncanny. Now on Japenese english, I agree it is interesting to decipher but my fall back position is as always Horizon Hobbies, which I use for my FG engines amongst other things. BTB old fart did you know OReilly's are selling 6 channel Spectrum receivers for $50 a good discount given that 4 channel r/x's are $45. Going to be interesting playing with the 30 for duration methinks, whole new series of development and information gathering etc.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:08 PM
the pope

Originally Posted by FNQFLYER
Old Fart, I remember an interview with Schumacher where he told the interviewer that he knew before an accident that it was going to happen (on the track) and then he talked the interviewer through some of his accidents that were selected randomly by said interviewer, uncanny. Now on Japenese english, I agree it is interesting to decipher but my fall back position is as always Horizon Hobbies, which I use for my FG engines amongst other things. BTB old fart did you know OReilly's are selling 6 channel Spectrum receivers for $50 a good discount given that 4 channel r/x's are $45. Going to be interesting playing with the 30 for duration methinks, whole new series of development and information gathering etc.
The reason schuey knew about the accidents before hand was that he knew he was going to cause them ! Some that come to mind is with Damon Hill fighting for the championship in Adelaide . That accident and his reason behind it was outrageous . He should have had that one stripped from him and Im all for a bit of push and shove but he deliberately drove into him because he pulled a clanger and hit the fence rendering his car knackered . The second was with Jacques Villinerve also fighting for the championship , he came off second best that time and he also nearly pushedBarachello into the wall at 300kph + that one could have ended anywhere . There were plenty of others also . I guess he didnt see the sking accident coming or he would have stayed in front of the open fire ! Cheers

Last edited by the pope; 06-17-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:25 PM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by kochj
I don't see a 450R3 listed on your "club saito list" so perhaps it was a bust??
Hey, thanks for showing interest.

It's on the back burner for now. I want to get the Ray English induction mod and funds are lacking. Too many other irons in the fire anyway.

I have all the parts in hand, FA-180B cylinders, FG-84 pistons, new main & slave rods, etc. etc.. The only parts from the "core" engine that I will be using are the cams, lifters pushrods and crank as well as the various housings & the crankcase. I did some horse trading W/Kelvin @ Keleo Creations and I have a gift certificate for a built to order collector for the shorter deck height that I will end up with.

I've already had the back plate opened up for the larger FA-150/FA-180 manifold gland nut. I will be able to experiment W/larger bore carburetors up to the 12mm FA-220 big bore carburetor that showed promise on the high compression version of the FA-180.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.